3wk old gosling is acting sick

LeaAnnP

In the Brooder
May 9, 2022
Please Help, My gosling Hank has been acting sick for a couple of days. I first noticed him unsteady at times and today some diearea. He is eating and drinking and I did give him some chick electrolytes. He’s not energetic like he was and his breathing seems different today. I don’t know anything about geese and I could really use some help

Does he have a good source of Niacin? Our African was a bit wobbly and lethargic until we started giving him some Brewers/Nutritional Yeast. Geese need high levels of Niacin to survive.

I have yet to graze my Gosling... he's about 5-6wks. I'm not sure if the grass at such a young age could also be a problem 🤷‍♀️

Waterfowl need a lot of niacin then. Chickens do not so chick food doesn't have the extra niacin that the waterfowl need. Niacin deficiency mostly effects the legs.

Are you giving them grit? If they are eating grass and don't have access to grit they won't be able to digest which will effect their waste.

Waterfowl need a lot of niacin then. Chickens do not so chick food doesn't have the extra niacin that the waterfowl need. Niacin deficiency mostly effects the legs.

Are you giving them grit? If they are eating grass and don't have access to grit they won't be able to digest which will effect their waste.
I just started the grit today and that makes sense about the leg’s. Should I change his food or just add niacin?

Please Help, My gosling Hank has been acting sick for a couple of days. I first noticed him unsteady at times and today some diearea. He is eating and drinking and I did give him some chick electrolytes. He’s not energetic like he was and his breathing seems different today. I don’t know anything about geese and I could really use some help
I add 1 TBS of nutritional yeast to 1 cup feed For ducks I imagine geese are the same I do this till 10-12 weeks then lightly sprinkle on feed after that
I also switch my ducks off starter at 3 weeks
Doing 3 day switches of 3/4-1/4 then 1/2-1/2 then 1/4 -3/4 then just straight grower
But if you can give baby vitamin B complex 1ml either on treats or directly
The fact baby is still eating us great
Are you still using a heat source ?

Back
Top Bottom