4 Chicks Down, All Done! Mystery Hatch-A-Long! Hatch Date 9/3/21 and today apparently

Okay, I candled a couple hours ago and saw some questionables and one definite! I'll be candling again tomorrow night after my fancy shmancy new candler arrives. I'll post pics, too, if y'all want to give me opinions!

Hey, in the first post, you said d'uccles are fun to hatch. What do you mean by this?
I'm hoping to hatch some bantams (deciding between seramas and d'uccles) for myself in a few months but I'd like a stress-free hatching and I heard seramas struggle to hatch.

Hey, in the first post, you said d'uccles are fun to hatch. What do you mean by this?
I'm hoping to hatch some bantams (deciding between seramas and d'uccles) for myself in a few months but I'd like a stress-free hatching and I heard seramas struggle to hatch.
I have found d'Uccles to be an extremely easy breed to hatch. My only difficulty has been that my source's rooster is old, so few of the eggs are fertile. The 2 that I hatched before and the 1 I am incubating now have been very strong embryos, and the 2 that hatched were strong chicks after they hatched.

Good luck!

Just did eggtopsies on the 9 eggs that weren't developing. None of them were even fertile! No blastoderm, nothin'. Guess that roo really is getting on in his days.

I plan to get one or two d'Uccle chicks from a local feed store after (assuming) this chick hatches so it won't be alone. Any name ideas? The embryo is extremely healthy, it's bouncing around and has strong veins. I'd like to call it something other than "it." :gig

Back
Top Bottom