4 Chicks Down, All Done! Mystery Hatch-A-Long! Hatch Date 9/3/21 and today apparently

Today is day 1 of lockdown! 3 days to go. I had to figure out a way to keep the other 6 eggs turning and the older egg still, so I put the egg in a silicone bowl between the slots for the eggs and it doesn't turn. The bowl moves with the turning plate but the egg doesn't roll.

All 4 Standard eggs are developing!!! Strong veins in all. Little too early to see what's going on in the bantam eggs.
Interesting; when I candled the standards, they all looked farther along than day 1. I'm assuming, based on pics of developing embryos, that they're at least on day 3. I'll ask my source if she stole them from a broody.

Interesting; when I candled the standards, they all looked farther along than day 1. I'm assuming, based on pics of developing embryos, that they're at least on day 3. I'll ask my source if she stole them from a broody.
Never mind, I'm just stupid :) I started them 3 days ago, but the days have melded together in my brain :lau

20210816_104302.jpg

I went to the feed store today... we live in a society :lau

Back
Top Bottom