4 Chicks Down, All Done! Mystery Hatch-A-Long! Hatch Date 9/3/21 and today apparently

Just did eggtopsies on the 9 eggs that weren't developing. None of them were even fertile! No blastoderm, nothin'. Guess that roo really is getting on in his days.

I plan to get one or two d'Uccle chicks from a local feed store after (assuming) this chick hatches so it won't be alone. Any name ideas? The embryo is extremely healthy, it's bouncing around and has strong veins. I'd like to call it something other than "it." :gig
My flock names are: pippin, fries, pickles, kiwi, blue, clover, darwin (dewey), basil, raven and ginger. You can use some- I'm sure they'd be honoured! Best of luck!
I have found d'Uccles to be an extremely easy breed to hatch. My only difficulty has been that my source's rooster is old, so few of the eggs are fertile. The 2 that I hatched before and the 1 I am incubating now have been very strong embryos, and the 2 that hatched were strong chicks after they hatched.

Good luck!
That is great to hear- so far d'uccles are my top choice. And hearing that they are easy to hatch makes me certain! Thanks!

My d’uccle are super sweet. I put my young chicks in the run and they got a few pecks from the older d’uccles. But they were such gentle pecks that I found myself going - awwww.
Aww! My other 3 hens (2 red stars and a RIR) went after the d'Uccles yesterday when I had 10 minutes of free ranging together. I kid you not, one of them flew 20 feet up to get away.

Okay folks, big news! 7 days to go on the OG Mille Fleur egg. It's still going strong! Aircell looks good and everything.

Now for the BIG BIG news (and the reason for me changing this thread title): I just added in 6 mystery eggs!! All are unknown x Turken roo. I do know there are 2 Mille Fleur x Turken eggs, 2 plain tan, a dark brown (not BCM brown, but milk chocolatey) egg, and a blue-olive egg. Cannot wait to see what comes out of these eggs!! Lord knows they'll be some ugly ugly babies :lau

Back
Top Bottom