Lilac
Golden Comet (red sex link) babies
Tulip
Daytona
Bean
Twinkle/ star- I can't chose
and a pic;
File_000 (3).jpeg

quick question- do chicks have to open their mouths to peep? and why do they rub their beaks on the ground lol?
Same reason you open your mouth to speak!

Chickens file down their beaks like you file your fingernails. Typically on hard sharp objects like rocks and logs. They also tend to clean off their beaks the same way, by rubbing them on the ground. Often times they do both at once.

You chose a great name. Four legs, four leaf clover... Very cute. A family member recently fostered, and then adopted a three legged cat, and I suggested Clover too, since most of them have 3 leaves and he was also very lucky to be alive.

I will continue watching this thread. Very interesting, I also agree it should be featured.
Thank you. we’re glad to have you! I will update this thread as often as i can.

Mmmm… how do i say this. I ordered 6 chicks from Cackle Hatchery, i was given 8! and one of them has 4 legs. I honestly don’t expect survival but it doesn’t seem to be in pain?? I’m not sure how I would tell… But I just don’t know what to do.
Out of thousands I had hatched years ago, I had one Black Australorp that had a second pair of legs back behind his tail. I was going to keep him because one of the universities wanted him. But I accidentally sold him to someone who came to pick up chicks at my hatchery. I called the customers but nobody would admit to having that chick.
I would just let him live out his life, I think. I do not see the harm unless you are breeding them on purpose and want to maintain good quality flocks for future paternity. Hope that helps you. ( I at least wanted to take a few photos of him to place into my 2nd poultry book but I never got around to it and missed the opportunity).

Back
Top Bottom