1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

4 week old silver laced wyandotte is sick

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by adamclinton88, Feb 28, 2015.

1. adamclinton88

adamclinton88 New Egg

Feb 28, 2015
    washington
    I ordered 30 new brown layers about a month ago from mcmurray and three died the first day. Since then they have been doing great. Today I woke up and my wyandotte is sick. No pasty butt but wont stand up and just lays there. The chicks were vaccinated for mareks and cocci when I bought them. She wont eat or drink? Eyes are wide open and she chirps when I pick her up and hold her. The bedding (pine shavings)is changed every 4-5 days. Any ideas?

2. adamclinton88

adamclinton88 New Egg

Feb 28, 2015
    washington
    I also change the water daily and it has their quick chick added as well as a.s vinegar. Fresh water, clean food, and clean bedding and I dont know what else to do. They are in my garage with a heat lamp and the door is open often for fresh air. Thanks.

3. chickmagnet1218

chickmagnet1218 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2015
    My 2 week old silver laced is doing the same thing,I was wondering if yours had made it? If so what did you do?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  4. adamclinton88

adamclinton88 New Egg

Feb 28, 2015
    washington
    No she died. Not sure what happened. Sorry.

5. chickmagnet1218

chickmagnet1218 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2015
    Did you try any electrolytes or yogurt or anything different? I have not tried these yet but I heard they could help, I also heard that sugar water encourages them to drink. how long after your post did she die? Ours started acting this way last night.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by