4 week old Welsummer Pullet or Roo???

Wow huge comb on that guy. I am going to say guy because my 2 Wellie girls combs are not even close to that size and they will be 8 weeks on Wednesday.
The two on the right are the Wellies at just over a week old.

Here is a side view, they are the 2 up front they are 10 days old here

Here is one at 26 days old. See the comb is small.

here she is at 5 weeks, first day outside.

Hope these pics help for a comparison.

That is the cutest little rooster ever! I want a Welsummer roo in the worst way. Hoping to get a Wellie cockerel and pullets this fall!

That is the cutest little rooster ever! I want a Welsummer roo in the worst way. Hoping to get a Wellie cockerel and pullets this fall!
Thanks! However, I was really hoping for a "she"! The lady feather sexed it before handing it to me... :-(

Definitely Roo. Roo's feather in black on their chests, pullets feather in a salmon color. I got a surprise Welsummer Roo in my all pullet order last year, I was disappointed at first, but I've really come to enjoy the little guy. I have my Roos separate from the hens during the day so the girls can catch a break, he's quiet and respectful, follows me around when I'm outside like a little dog.

Definitely Roo. Roo's feather in black on their chests, pullets feather in a salmon color. I got a surprise Welsummer Roo in my all pullet order last year, I was disappointed at first, but I've really come to enjoy the little guy. I have my Roos separate from the hens during the day so the girls can catch a break, he's quiet and respectful, follows me around when I'm outside like a little dog.
wish someone would tell this to the lady i bought him from who advertises a return on sexed chicks. grrr

So I have a question now. You have a Welsummer Roo. If you had 8 chicks total, and two turned out to be roos (Welsummer and Cuckoo Marans) Would you keep both or get rid of one? and if getting rid of one would be the best thing for your flock... Which one would you choose to keep between the two? I know... Kind of a random question but it just came to mind. lol

I was able to get outside with my chicks today and take some good pics with a camera instead of cell phone with no flash. Just wanted to show you what he/ hopefully she looks like...

Back
Top Bottom