4 week old Welsummer Pullet or Roo???

These are my 4 7 week olds are they girls?

IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
Hello I was wondering if my chicks look like welsummers? They ar around 4 weeks old now. Sorry for the not so great pics they weren't feeeling it today lol

Hi Bethyboochickens, did your chick's turn out be Welsummers after all? Goldie and Red?

What a helpful thread, even though it's older I'm so glad I found it. We just got a dozen Welsummers a couple of weeks ago and I'm soooo hoping for a roo in the bunch. Some have tail feathers, some don't. Some have stark wing markings, others do not. And one has brown legs--probably a Brown Leghorn. I love them all.
Brown Leghorns are named for their feather coloring and breed, not their leg color. Their legs are normally bright yellow.

Please take a picture of the odd one, I'm curious.

I could tell on all of mine as soon as the chest feathers started. The difference was quite noticeable.

Yay! I love analyzing my birds. Ok so the one in question is this one. All 12 were purchased from our local feed store, sold at Welsummers although I'm not too picky as long as most of them are.
Welsummers and furniture 022.JPG
Welsummers and furniture 024.JPG

So these three pics are of the same little bird. Not sure how this post will look, wanted to post an example of the others babies...

Attachments

• Welsummers and furniture 023.JPG
    Welsummers and furniture 023.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 13
Ok I'll do it this way. These next pics are of the other birds, all of whom seem pretty much the same in terms of markings. I so wish I had a roo in there. Ignore the white ones, they're Brahmas.
Welsummers and furniture 026.JPG
Welsummers and furniture 010.JPG

Yay! I love analyzing my birds. Ok so the one in question is this one. All 12 were purchased from our local feed store, sold at Welsummers although I'm not too picky as long as most of them are.
View attachment 1750755 View attachment 1750757
So these three pics are of the same little bird. Not sure how this post will look, wanted to post an example of the others babies...
Partridge Rock

Back
Top Bottom