Then one morning, unbeknownst to me,
When my little darling came running,
She was now a He!

I miss those snuggle mornings,
but alas it was not to be,
Now I have a BIG boy,
just to CROW with me!

SallyAnn

psssss its my short story in a poem.... anyone know where to put it? or is it not open yet? gotta do a drawing yet!

Last edited:
I just went to go check on my bator temps and humidity. I decided to do a quick candeling and just grabbed 4 random eggs. Out of the 4, 3 were developing. So tomorrow I will candle them all and see how they look.

I have seramas developing!!!! Most of the 20 eggs have obvious development and I can't tell in the rest. I can see development in more of my eggs than yesterday, so Red might be staying. I don't think Freddie's eggs are fertile. It would make sense seeing as she spends most of her time on the roost with our younger crippled roo.

I still think we should only be able to use markers for the egg art contest. I want at least a small chance of winning and it seems fairer with the current rules.

I wont be able to get any eggs until spring. We have no place for them right now (before buying any animal we always have the proper place for them and a place to buy feed.
smile.png
but i will PM you when I should want to buy some!

Sounds good, that is a good habit to get into. : )

OMGoodness! I just put my 5 ducklings up on Craigslist (sad!!), and I just got a text and here is what it said: Do you have pics...and do u have to bottle feed ducks" Um, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable selling my ducklings to this person. Humm... They have to pass the "Duck Test" before I sell them by babies! LOL

I asked them if they'd ever raised any type of poultry/waterfowl before...Nope! I told them if they have a a local TSC go visit with them and they'll fix you up with duck supplies, and I also gave them a link to BYC. I told them when they get READY for ducklings to give me a holler. I'd have some more for sale NYD. : )

~ Aspen

So all you early candlers have me trying too.

Tonight (This time wearing the dreaded Granny Glasses!)
using a diff. flashlight.

Egg W -- The Love-child egg <- story to be posted if candles ok day 10...
- I believe I SAW SOMETHING, something like a tiny backwards C and some red veins spidering out of it , almost like a crack in then eggshell might look, but not (I hope).

Then excited I re-looked at the 5 light colored eggs from the 22 I bought
:(
not soo good...maybe Egg E had some spec in there, maybe it was just wishfulness on my part.

The others were mainly clear, except 2 that had a sort of cloudiness which I don't think was a finger shadow, I think it was actually sort of globy looking in an around the egg way
not like the pics of the dreaded blood-rings, not a think line, rather a wide darker area that I'm pretty sure was not just a trick of the light/shadow but actually a denser part of egg w/out any veins
So anybody know what I'm talking about here??

I also tried 1 of the lightest of the dark choc. eggs - clear.

All these 22 eggs were bought, from a pen w/ 6 hens 1 BCM Roo, very very nice looking all, but I'm starting to wonder if Mr. Roo was doing his duty ??

I imagine the advice is wait and see...
FeyRaine (the not so good at waiting)

Back
Top Bottom