5 chicks from eggs, breed id help?

okanagchick

Hatching
Apr 5, 2023
Hi! I'm new here and to chicken raising! My kids and I just hatched 5 chicks from eggs via a hatching program. They didn't say which breeds they would be and we're curious to know. We're going to keep them all until we figure out which are hens and the roos will have to go back to a farm. They're two weeks old today!

Chick 1, hatched from light brown egg, black back, grey belly turning lighter yellow right at the back, definite orange comb (had from hatch), longest tail feathers. Largest of the 5, also hatched first.
Max 1.jpg

Max 2.jpg

Max 3.jpg

Max 4.jpg

Chick 2, hatched from light blue egg, black back, yellow under eyes, yellow belly, stands very tall.

Tiny 1.jpg

Tiny 2.jpg

Tiny 3.jpg

Peanut Tiny.jpg

Chick 3, hatched from medium blue egg, yellow chick with black spot on head and black grey spots including on white wing feathers. Orange feet. Bossy, likes to control the food dish.

Ruby 1.jpg

Ruby 2.jpg

Ruby 3.jpg

Chick 4, hatched from brown egg, almost all black including beak and comb. A little light grey under the tail feathers. Very easy going disposition.

Fred 1.jpg

Fred 2.jpg

Fred 3.jpg

Chick 5, hatched from light brown egg. Pale yellow with white and light grey feathers and grey feet.
Peanut 1.jpg

Peanut 2.jpg

Peanut 3.jpg

Attachments

• Peanut Tiny.jpg
    Peanut Tiny.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 1
The chicks that hatched from blueish green eggs are generally refered to as Easter Eggers. Which are mixed breeds. Only a select few breeds lay green eggs in their standard. Is it possible that the other chicks are mixed breed as well?

The chicks that hatched from blueish green eggs are generally refered to as Easter Eggers. Which are mixed breeds. Only a select few breeds lay green eggs in their standard. Is it possible that the other chicks are mixed breed as well?
Yes, definitely possible they're mixed.

Back
Top Bottom