5 week old attacked by hawk!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 5
A hawk got one of my Easter eggers, she is 4-5 weeks old. Both of her eyes are damaged and she isn’t drinking or eating. I have put a few drops of water on her beak and she seems to be getting that into her mouth. I’m worried a sinus cavity got punctured, her chirp sounds strange. She is breathing normally and can walk around. Any advice, I’m thinking she isn’t able to see at all…
That happened to my hen. She was grabbed by her neck but she barely moved or opened her eyes at all. I would just give her food and water and separate her from the others. Keep an eye on her to see how she’s doing

She may be blind.... I can't tell. Watch her and make sure nothing gets infected. I'd keep her separated with one other chick to keep her company. That way the others aren't pecking at wounds and making it worse.

Her eyes should be flushed with saline to remove bacteria and antibiotic ointment placed in the eyes.

Has the chick responded to the electrolytes and sugar water? Keep it up for the next 24 hours.
Yes I cleaned them, I didn’t open them up because when I patted with NS one started bleeding, I put neosporin all over them. I am giving her pedialyte with a syringe

Back
Top Bottom