5 week old Easter Egger and Black Copper Marans, vote on gender?

SoManyMoments

Chirping
Apr 19, 2022
Meet Bunny and Bagel, a bit over 5 weeks old today and I'm afraid they may both be roos!

I know EEs showing patches of red coloring their wings isn't a good omen and my BCM comb is looking a little too large...

Any votes?

Here's Bunny the EE

bunnyandbagel-1.jpg

And Bagel the BCM

bunnyandbagel-2.jpg

Thanks for your time & expertise

Interesting; I feel pretty well convinced Bunny the EE is a rooster. Everything I’ve read about sexing them says it’s very difficult, because of the pea combs I suppose, unless they show red splotches on their wings and... I see the red. 😫

The kids will be sad about Bagel too! This is the risk we take when we buy from the straight run bin! 🙃😬😫

Interesting; I feel pretty well convinced Bunny the EE is a rooster. Everything I’ve read about sexing them says it’s very difficult, because of the pea combs I suppose, unless they show red splotches on their wings and... I see the red. 😫

The kids will be sad about Bagel too! This is the risk we take when we buy from the straight run bin! 🙃😬😫
The EE does have a very splotchy pattern. Not quite what the cockerel red patches look like though. In a few weeks it should be more apparent.

Bagel is a great name haha. A little girl just named one of my pullets Banana. 😆
Banana! I love it!!! Bagel and Banana would be a good duo! My kids are all about the food names. We have a Popcorn, Buttercup, Cookie, Cinnamon, Olive, and Sprinkles. Oh, and a lazy fat indoor cat named Gummy Bear to round things out. Definitely suggesting Banana next we have a little yellow chick!

Banana! I love it!!! Bagel and Banana would be a good duo! My kids are all about the food names. We have a Popcorn, Buttercup, Cookie, Cinnamon, Olive, and Sprinkles. Oh, and a lazy fat indoor cat named Gummy Bear to round things out. Definitely suggesting Banana next we have a little yellow chick!
I named my Golden Cuckoo Maran Butterball because she reminds me of a frozen turkey 😄 Not very appetizing but oh well

Back
Top Bottom