1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 weeks and not gendered!.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Fancy Feather Poultry, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    My Silkie chicken are 5 week old and not gendered yet. I think I have 2 girls and a boy but im not sure, can maybe some of give me some advice on there gendered? is it to early to tell? I need to know if I dont have a boy than I need to get one or buy some more hatching eggs and hope for 1.

[​IMG]

This is Sammy He is a Black Silkie I think it is a boy. But I want you opinion.

[​IMG]

This is Ginger She is a Red/Black Silkie mix I think it a girl. But I want you opinion.

[​IMG]

This is Baby She is a Black Silkie I think its a girl. But again I want your opinion.

Any help is welcomed!.

2. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  3. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    It doesnt really help other than the tail part.

4. Arklady

Arklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Kansas
    Silke the black is a boy because he has a comb MOST girls have no comb, just fuzz on their head like a pom pom. SOME girls can have a slight comb but it is generally the boys that have a comb not the girls. I believe the black one is a boy. See ya soon in chat. Right now I am out of town. won't be home for a while.

Arklady

5. Fancy Feather Poultry

May 30, 2007
    which black one lol. Sammy or Baby? or if u didnt see there name the 1st pic or the 3rd pic?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by