6-Week old chicks not roosting

So this will take a wee bit of work, but probably provides the best amount of roost space for the coop measurements - basically elevate new roosts over where the existing ones are by attaching them to some wood bars screwed into coop walls, that hang down slightly over the top of nest box entrances. Terrible illustration but hope it makes sense?

This will preserve access to the nests and not block anything off too badly.

Also hope there's some ventilation and open space for natural light that we can't see in these photos, because all I see right now is solid walls.

coop.jpg

So this will take a wee bit of work, but probably provides the best amount of roost space for the coop measurements - basically elevate new roosts over where the existing ones are by attaching them to some wood bars screwed into coop walls, that hang down slightly over the top of nest box entrances. Terrible illustration but hope it makes sense?

This will preserve access to the nests and not block anything off too badly.

Also hope there's some ventilation and open space for natural light that we can't see in these photos, because all I see right now is solid walls.

View attachment 2224400
Thank you!! I’ll think on how to pull this off
And yes there is windows all around top
92C4C380-D67C-4855-B2FB-D105ACB0DA50.jpeg

We moved our four 6-week old chicks outside to coop and they were sleeping all huddled in nesting boxes. I’ve covered them hoping they’d use the roosts but instead they are just huddled together on ground. I’m going to keep the nesting baskets covered a couple weeks and hope they make their way to the roosts on their own
Unfortunately the nest boxes are higher than the roost bars
View attachment 2224342
Thats probably why they are in the nest boxes cause they're higher the roosts should be higher than the nest boxes

Thank you !! I Love yours!! We’re getting this to put around the coop to give them More room
Large Metal Chicken Coop Walk-in Poultry Cage Hen Run House Rabbits Habitat Cage Spire Shaped Coop with Waterproof and Anti-Ultraviolet Cover for Outdoor Backyard Farm Use (10' L x 13' W x 6.4' H) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFLGSYX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9jP.Eb7QNS6GS
That is cool I love building i do crazy research and love to build ive built all my stuff myself with upcycled pallets i am building a turkey coop and getting ready to build a greenhouse

Back
Top Bottom