6 week old polish chick can’t see and is being pecked!! Help!

@JustBabyMargo
@Fluffy Lambs
Have polish and maybe can give advice to help keep the feathers out of her eyes.
My polish do well with the full size birds. My cockerel had some picking, but he was irritating the hens while on the roost and I think they were teaching him a lesson. 😂
Both of mine can see, so I haven't had to trim.
They have lots of obstacles in the run, so no other chicken can corner them and pick at them.

@JustBabyMargo
@Fluffy Lambs
Have polish and maybe can give advice to help keep the feathers out of her eyes.
My polish do well with the full size birds. My cockerel had some picking, but he was irritating the hens while on the roost and I think they were teaching him a lesson. 😂
Both of mine can see, so I haven't had to trim.
They have lots of obstacles in the run, so no other chicken can corner them and pick at them.
Awesome! Was hoping to see if anyone had any creative ideas for the time being as trimming and tying aren’t really an option at the moment haha.
And that’s good to hear. The bigger hens we have at the moment are all really gentle and we have integrated a couple of other chicks recently with no problems so hoping they’ll be fine! Plus they free range around our yard most of the day so it will be pretty easy for them to separate if need be once they join the flock in a few months.

I have never had problem with my "normal" chickens bullying the polishes. I also free range mine so they have plenty of room to hide, and are by no means overcrowded, but they have always fit right in with my mixed flock of LF and bantams, same with my silkies.

I would probably trim the crest, but since that's not an option, once it gets big enough consider putting it in 2 - 3 pigtails instead of one big ponytail. You might be able to do that now.

I have never had problem with my "normal" chickens bullying the polishes. I also free range mine so they have plenty of room to hide, and are by no means overcrowded, but they have always fit right in with my mixed flock of LF and bantams, same with my silkies.

I would probably trim the crest, but since that's not an option, once it gets big enough consider putting it in 2 - 3 pigtails instead of one big ponytail. You might be able to do that now.
Cute profile pic.

Back
Top Bottom