7 month old hen making gurgling noises ONLY at night. Breathes fine during the day.

So I felt her crop In The morning and it was completely empty could not feel anything in there at all. And I actually had another girl do something similar. However my coop is pretty hot and I think the heat is making them pant. Any suggestions for cooling it other then vents/screened windows short of slapping a fan out there lol? I do have some Inline fans laying around.

Okay!! Thanks for the info!! I will def go and get some grit for them later on today because there are 0 rocks in my yard only chance they would’ve had to get them is from the dirt road. And then I guess the oyster shell is pretty pointless because there’s already calcium in the laying mix.
I just put grit and oyster shell separately in small cups attached to a post inside the run.
They do need oyster shell available, so make sure they have that for added calcium.

If your coop is really hot and doesn't have a lot of ventilation, you can place a fan in a window to vent out.

Thanks again for all the help. I think I just have rambunctious chickens lol. But they now have oyster and grit. No problems tonight either with noises. Hope this’ll fix the issues with the noises they’ve been making. I’m gonna work on some Renovations with the coop so get more ventilation. Have some more babies hatching and some quail so I have some work cut out for me between coop and quail run.

Well everything was good until yesterday and now another girl is making noises like a wheezing while breathing and she’s been doing it through out the day. Most of the time with her mouth closed. She hasn’t been eating much and her crop has felt empty. I’m thinking I should start a new thread for this one. I have her separated but no treatment yet just observing her so far.

Back
Top Bottom