7 week old chicks died?

lbenoit

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 27, 2011
We just got (4) 7 week old cochins and we raised 2 silkies that are also 7 week old. They are in a fairly large pen with shade, food and water. Two of the cochins and 1 of the silkies were dead this morning in their pen. There are no apparent wounds. Anybody have any ideas what might have happened to them? Last night they all appeared healthy.

sad.png
Had that happen to me last year with some chicks I bought at a, yes, yard sale. had four choicks to begin with and a couple of days later we had two. We woke up went out to take care of them and found two dead for no apparent reason. The other two chicks were brought in the house immediatley. One of them was acting lethargic so I started giving oral antibiotics, mash, and an electrolite solution. We ended up only having one of the chicks survive. But it was a fight. I had to keep a close watch on her day and night. I also had no clue what type of chicken she was until recently. A Japanese Black and White Bantam to my surprise! Lovely little bird and her eggs are great for hard boiling. There pop in the mouth size. But anyhow im getting off the subject, sorry. Try putting them on an oral intibiotic that you can mix in the water, and keep a close watch on them.... Good luck!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom