7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    I borrowed this one from a coworker.

2. venymae

venymae Prairie Wind

Aug 18, 2014
    Manhappiness, Kansas
    My Coop
    my pops is collecting his for me to hatch. He's testing his New roo. The chicks should be olive eggers!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  3. TexasOutdoorGuy

TexasOutdoorGuy Out Of The Brooder

Cool! I love the olive eggers and EEs. I really like the different egg colors. The ones I'm hatching are mixed barnyard eggs.

4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Call eggs set... maybe more tomorrow...

[​IMG]

5. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I prefer Ideal too. Usually good, had one bad experience, they sent me all of the chicks that I needed replaced.

6. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Man, seeing all of these duck eggs ~ makes me think, maybe I want a duck. :) Just need more land. Very pretty.

1 person likes this.
  7. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I just hatched a bunch of EE's and OE's. Love how they change soo much from the day they hatch, then there's those eggs!

8. TexasOutdoorGuy

TexasOutdoorGuy Out Of The Brooder

Yea I was always excited when I saw a green egg in the nest box. Then my poor hen was eaten by a coyote or raccoon. I still have the roster that was with her. He is the boss of all of the chickens. :)

9. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Calls don't take up much space... they're tiny, lol... :D ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Aprildeesunshin

Aprildeesunshin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2014

I am hatching from my own! I have barred rock, white rock, black fethered leg cross of some sort, blue americana, wheaten americana, and wellsummer. For roosters i have a Barred rock, blue americana, wheaten americana, welsummer, and a barred rock/ well summer as a test on making Welbars. The eggs I will put in will all be barn yard blends because I currently do not have them separated. I had 2 months of NO eggs. I figured they stopped for molting. Well, after too much time passed, I changed things up. I got extra calcium. I am treating for worms and cocci (we saw blood in poop....AGAIN). I also put lights in their coops 24/7. It took a couple weeks but it started with one egg, then 3 eggs, then 5, 7, 8, and it is still going up. So, that is what is going on here. I live in central NH...no so yet...YAY!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by