7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Aprildeesunshin

Aprildeesunshin Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2014

Ok, I will change my number....depending on how many eggs I get in.

2. canadachickens

canadachickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2014
    Manitoba, Canada
    I love barnyard mixes! So many surprises! I will be stating silkies, and possibly some EE's.... It really depends on how many I can cram into the bator! ;)

3. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    NH here too! [​IMG] Sounds like you have a great mix of chickens. Im not getting eggs either, but I don't provide them with lights. Im hoping my Barred Rocks start laying soon, they are 29weeks old.

So thankful there is no snow yet, the temps have been quite decent too. I really need to try to put some shavings in the coops today and maybe rake a little.

4. ChickaLong

ChickaLong Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2013
    Southern California
    Great to have ones that will do that.

5. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    Yeah, it was nice of them. I just wanted to try this once without a huge outlay. If I can do it and like it I may invest in one. I also think it will help me know what I want in one if I buy one.

6. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Please don't leave a light on for 24 hours. They need sleep.

7. WthrLady

WthrLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2014
    WestOak, Nebraska
    Also hatching our own eggs. Our production is down by half since it's winter, and our most brilliant hen just started her molt. (We've been snow to 17' and have had two ice storms and a heary snow storm already- so ya know, time to go naked.)

We have lavender orp,welsummer, olive eggers, ameraucana, blue laced.red wyandotte, light sussex, french blue marans, copper marans, speckled marans, and a buff orp, and a rir cross.
    [​IMG]

8. TexasOutdoorGuy

TexasOutdoorGuy Out Of The Brooder

Those are some nice eggs!

9. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    I will be hatching mine and a few EE. Like I said before anyone near SW Missouri wanting eggs I am getting plenty from my RIR, BR, and buff/EE's to share.

10. cree57i

cree57i Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Mar 1, 2014
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Yesterday, I got 14 swedish flower hens eggs unrelated to my other SFH's. These are German line. I went ahead and set those, 9 isabelle leghorns and 2 blue copper marans, from my new roo, last night. That's 25 in my Octo. 20 brinsea. One of the SFH eggs had a crack, so I'm undecided about trying to stack them or just taking it out. Since I'm early do you still need my setting numbers?

Tonight 6 isbars, 3 SFH, 2 black CM, and 10 isabelle leghorns go into lockdown. I may have a hatching problem! Will post pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by