7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Call eggs set... maybe more tomorrow...

I get almost all of mine from Ideal. They are semi-close to me so I figure the chicks won't be too stressed from shipping. The are also good quality chickens.

I prefer Ideal too. Usually good, had one bad experience, they sent me all of the chicks that I needed replaced.

Who else is collecting the eggs from their own hens? I'm only getting 1 chicken egg per day and 2 quail. I might not hatch a lot. Lol

I am hatching from my own! I have barred rock, white rock, black fethered leg cross of some sort, blue americana, wheaten americana, and wellsummer. For roosters i have a Barred rock, blue americana, wheaten americana, welsummer, and a barred rock/ well summer as a test on making Welbars. The eggs I will put in will all be barn yard blends because I currently do not have them separated. I had 2 months of NO eggs. I figured they stopped for molting. Well, after too much time passed, I changed things up. I got extra calcium. I am treating for worms and cocci (we saw blood in poop....AGAIN). I also put lights in their coops 24/7. It took a couple weeks but it started with one egg, then 3 eggs, then 5, 7, 8, and it is still going up. So, that is what is going on here. I live in central NH...no so yet...YAY!

Back
Top Bottom