7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Also hatching our own eggs. Our production is down by half since it's winter, and our most brilliant hen just started her molt. (We've been snow to 17' and have had two ice storms and a heary snow storm already- so ya know, time to go naked.)

We have lavender orp,welsummer, olive eggers, ameraucana, blue laced.red wyandotte, light sussex, french blue marans, copper marans, speckled marans, and a buff orp, and a rir cross.
Beautiful eggs! By chance, do you have any photos of your blue marans? I just hatched a few blue marans.

Hi everyone! Count me in!
I'll be initially setting chicken eggs from my own flock. I didn't have good fertility with my test hatch last month so I'm working on getting some shipped eggs as well. I'm waiting on word from a breeder, and if her hens are laying well enough they will ship them mid-week.

My flock's eggs will be SLW roo over EE's, barred rocks and/or black sex-links. Those are going in my Brinsea mini Eco. Saving the Hovabator for the shipped eggs since there will be more of those. :)

I put these in incubator yesterday, this morning when I cracked similar eggs the tan egg and the olive colored eggs looked fertile, the large green eggs didn't look fertile. IDK about the dark brown hard to see, I am guessing the little blue egg is fertile.I will candle them in a few days.

Just checked hen house, another extra dark egg to add to this group, and possibly a WCBP/brahma mix egg!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
hide.gif
It might be kinda, sorta, a little bit maybe only three days and two hours.
th.gif
he.gif

I am holding off on candling until this weekend. I won't be able to see much, and it will make me more anxious. Of course now I feel encouraged to candle.

Quote:
big_smile.png
You know you love me! (I hope!
hide.gif
)
Quote: I don't understand. Ducks are just as good as laying as chickens. And I was honestly going to hatch emu. Not that I would have kept them long. But I thought about it. I have someone that would love the meat.

Last edited:
Quote:
hide.gif
It might be kinda, sorta, a little bit maybe only three days and two hours.
th.gif
he.gif

I am holding off on candling until this weekend. I won't be able to see much, and it will make me more anxious. Of course now I feel encouraged to candle.

gig.gif
It's ok.
hugs.gif
I candled two last night, even though I know there's nothing showing. (I just couldn't help myself!)
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom