7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by ronott1, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    This is great! I agree with Sally, start a thread! Would love to see how this works. My DH can make anything. :)

2. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Well, set my eggs. I have them laying down. If things get crazy busy again, will put them back into the turner at a later date. Not too worried about it, she gave me 18 eggs. Wow. I have a lot of chicks this winter. I don't normally hatch through the winter, just for the NYD hatch a long, those would be my only winter chicks. I got carried away, ey?

4. generaldsherman

generaldsherman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2015
    Idaho
    I will sometime this weekend, and will add a link to the youtube video I used when I do. Will add to my signature when I start it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Wickedchicken6

Wickedchicken6 No Rest For The WicKed Premium Member Project Manager

Nov 7, 2015
    Southwestern MB, Canada
    Whew...I'm having a hard time to keep up...(and I don't like posting several posts at a time. Makes me look like I'm hogging the thread) [​IMG]

I just want to say that I'm SOexcited for everyone receiving their shipped eggs, and getting their layed eggs, getting their incubators ready...and just in general getting everything ready! [​IMG]

I'm SO excited to be a part of this holiday hatch!! Just so freakin cool!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(I just had to get that outta my system.)

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    This is my first attempt at hatching eggs. I have a still air incubator with a fan. With NO WATER in the thing, the humidity is at 36%. I live in an inland valley in Southern California - it's DRY HERE!!! How do I get the humidity level down? It has stayed steady at 36% for the past 2 weeks. Will a 36% humidity hurt them? Is there any way to lower the ambient humidity?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  7. the jolly onion

the jolly onion Chillin' With My Peeps

I have only ever hatched shipped eggs until now (i have a mix of shipped and home grown). I put mine in the bator early, bc i was worried about age and viability of the eggs. Its two days as of tonight, and ivwas going to add more from my swedes tonight too. Can i change from auto turner and lay them flat? I dont want to hurt the embryos that might be developing.

8. TheGonzo

TheGonzo Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2015
    Denmark
    I would love to! It is a little late for that (over here it is already 8 in the evening).. Maybe I can find some quail eggs. They are only 18 days :D

9. LocalYokel

LocalYokel Overrun With Chickens

I lost one my first hatch like this.
    Careful as I tried to be
    I wax sealed it, but I'm pretty sure the shock killed it.
    It stopped development and I was heartbroken as I killed it

10. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    @ronott1

You can turn that maybe into a yes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by