7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Do your hatches usually come early?
Nope, we had a delay with the postal service. This time was better than the previous shipment though. The previous shipment TOOK 2 WEEKS to go from Ohio to Utah and it was shipped 2 day priority! This time it only took 6 days :)

Nope, we had a delay with the postal service. This time was better than the previous shipment though. The previous shipment TOOK 2 WEEKS to go from Ohio to Utah and it was shipped 2 day priority! This time it only took 6 days :)
Both times are terrible!

I really like the app you are using.

I'm sorry your eggs didn't make it in time, but good luck with your hatch!

Very interesting on the wireless sensor. I have debated putting one of mine from the weather station in my incubator, but it takes up too much room. Care to share how you made yours?
big_smile.png

It is a bunch of custom designed boards with an Arduino microcontroller. I have some things about it posted it at my blog. http://theacrelab.blogspot.com/ I really need to do a write up about it. I thought about making some Egg sensors to monitor the temp and humidity to sale, but I haven't had enough time. I previously used the same board as a chicken coop monitor and a soil sensor in my garden.

Ouch, Two weeks is crazy. 6 days is pretty bad. Even with the Holiday traffic, that is way too long!! I've only received live chicks - took 2 days from I think it was WI to CA. I got fertilized eggs also in 2 days - GA to CA. I'm glad they finally arrived!

I hope you have a great hatch!!

It is a bunch of custom designed boards with an Arduino microcontroller. I have some things about it posted it at my blog. http://theacrelab.blogspot.com/ I really need to do a write up about it. I thought about making some Egg sensors to monitor the temp and humidity to sale, but I haven't had enough time. I previously used the same board as a chicken coop monitor and a soil sensor in my garden.
If I had one of these, I wouldn't have had the expensive disaster I just had with my shipped eggs and the Brinsea digital reading a different temp than actual. Very creative and useful! I would really like to know if you make some for sale.

I do something similar- my father wrote a program years ago that uses x10 controllers and digital temperature probes to automate my iguana's cage. When I got into incubating, I just had to get another thermal probe and have Dad add the incubator to the program. He's got it hooked up to where I can log in remotely and check on the incubator and my iguana's cage.

Anyone have any tips on successfully incubating eggs with detached air cells? My speed eggs arrived today and the air cells are all awful. They were packaged great but I'm guessing with all the holiday shipping going on, they were rushed and shoved through and not treated too well on the way here.

Back
Top Bottom