7th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Nope, we had a delay with the postal service. This time was better than the previous shipment though. The previous shipment TOOK 2 WEEKS to go from Ohio to Utah and it was shipped 2 day priority! This time it only took 6 days :)

Hey, where are you in Utah? I never, ever order eggs from the East side of the country, well, at least not the North East. I will order From GA. and that's it! I've always had problems with getting eggs from up there in time, or, not at all! Had one great guy that is well known on here Dick H. finally just send me chicks after a couple of tries of getting eggs here. He says, they can't ignore chirping! Don't order from up there!
I have found that the mid west is a great place to get eggs from, and some places down south, like AL. Tenn. and Kentucky is good. So, South East is good. MO. is good.
Parts of California are good. Parts of Oregon are good. Texas is good. Colorado is good. New Mexico is good. Washington is good. Idaho is good. Nope, I haven't ordered a lot of eggs through the yrs.
hide.gif

Im already down to a dozen as i took out all my sex link eggs as they all were terrible with the egg pores some looked already dead others didnt look fertile. I also took out my wyandotte egg as it just wasnt fertile shes a new hen so i expected that. Im down to the dozen I got from a person near me.

Oh wow, well good luck on the rest..a doz. If they all hatch, that's a lot of babies. :)

Well I'm out. ALL of my Cayuga eggs were clear.
he.gif
Guess I'm gonna to have to have the ducks and the bees talk with my boy. Hopefully he will figure it out in time for Easter. I should have set some of my friend's silver laced wyandottes as back ups.

I'm not trying to jump back in but I set three more Cayuga eggs this afternoon. My wife cracked a duck egg yesterday to cook with and it was fertile. We'll see next week if we have a Christmas miracle.
fl.gif

I'm not trying to jump back in but I set three more Cayuga eggs this afternoon. My wife cracked a duck egg yesterday to cook with and it was fertile. We'll see next week if we have a Christmas miracle.
fl.gif
Let us know!

Thanks everyone I'll check all 3 of these out! Ive got some really dark Marans eggs this time too (along with regular brown, green, and some that are a weird brown/olive-y tint) so I've got to find something that works.

I got some super dark Marans from @Ladycat a while back. I took one to Wal Mart with me and tried every flashlight they had in stock.
The mag lights were pretty good. The Ozark Trail was better

Hey, where are you in Utah? I never, ever order eggs from the East side of the country, well, at least not the North East. I will order From GA. and that's it! I've always had problems with getting eggs from up there in time, or, not at all! Had one great guy that is well known on here Dick H. finally just send me chicks after a couple of tries of getting eggs here. He says, they can't ignore chirping! Don't order from up there!
I have found that the mid west is a great place to get eggs from, and some places down south, like AL. Tenn. and Kentucky is good. So, South East is good. MO. is good.
Parts of California are good. Parts of Oregon are good. Texas is good. Colorado is good. New Mexico is good. Washington is good. Idaho is good. Nope, I haven't ordered a lot of eggs through the yrs.
hide.gif

I am in Utah County. Where are you? That is quite a list, I am going to keep that in mind for my future egg orders. My next order should be some Cream Legbars from Arizona, ever order anything from Arizona? HOPEFULLY, it won't be as bad as getting them from back east
smile.png

I am in Utah County. Where are you? That is quite a list, I am going to keep that in mind for my future egg orders. My next order should be some Cream Legbars from Arizona, ever order anything from Arizona? HOPEFULLY, it won't be as bad as getting them from back east
smile.png

Arizona is good too! lol In fact, I love it when I see something I want from Arizona..because it's one of the better areas to order from. Also remember, if you are getting them from e-baby, always, always check their feed back. If they aren't getting eggs to folks in a timely manner, people will always let you know!
lol.png

I'm in Utah county too, Spanish Fork. Have you been on the Utah thread and I just haven't seen you yet? I don't get on there as much as I used to, I go to the Idaho/Utah Chicken place on fb. It's a great place to find eggs, sell chicks, and meet people!

Ok. I've tried my police mag light that is 18" long. I switched out the cool white cfl for a 150w warm white bulb. I've hauled everything down into the pitch black tornado shelter. Nope still canvt see anything more than a fai t shadow and cannot even see air cells. I can see in the blue and green eggs, barely. But these black maran eggs....guess it will just be a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom