8-week Easter Egger "pullet" - is it actually? *Updated 10-week pics pg 3 - Boy or girl?*

by the look of the comb shes all................................................pullet
big_smile.png

wee.gif

Yay! I do hope you all are right! I'm feeling much better now!

I say cockerel. At 8 weeks, she shows lots of red in that comb. No way that's a pullet, IMO, sorry. I could certainly be wrong here, but after raising so many Ameraucanas and a few EEs, I've never had any pullets show that much red at 8 weeks of age.

Here is an EE pullet at 12 weeks old, a full month older that your bird--see how her comb is still barely even pink yet?

Last edited:
I say cockerel. At 8 weeks, she shows lots of red in that comb. No way that's a pullet, IMO, sorry. I could certainly be wrong here, but after raising so many Ameraucanas and a few EEs, I've never had any pullets show that much red at 8 weeks of age.

Here is an EE pullet at 12 weeks old, a full month older that your bird--see how her comb is still barely even pink yet?

x2

speckledhen - when do EE cockerels get wattles? Mine doesn't have any at all and it's yellow where they will be.

speckledhen - when do EE cockerels get wattles? Mine doesn't have any at all and it's yellow where they will be.
EEs don't get wattles at all. They have the beard and muffs instead. I honestly can't tell if that is a boy or a girl for sure, but I am leaning towards boy. I would be watching for any patches of color to start showing up on the wings.

EE's boys have a Pea comb (3 small ridges running paralell) and no wattle. It looks to me like she's trying to get the 3 ridge comb. But her coloring says girl to me. My silver ameraucanas and ee boys all have more color variation then she does by 8 weeks. I'm saying boy cause of the comb ridges that seem to be forming.

Back
Top Bottom