8-week Easter Egger "pullet" - is it actually? *Updated 10-week pics pg 3 - Boy or girl?*

Pics

wordgirl

One of the Shire-folk
12 Years
Apr 14, 2009
I got 3 Easter Eggers in the mail this spring, sexed as pullets. But one of them I'm not sure about. I'm really hoping it's a pullet, especially as I already have one other "pullet" that's ended up a cockerel in my bunch. I really can't tell whether it's a boy or a girl - its comb and (nonexistent) wattles say girl to me, but that tail is getting me worried. Although she hasn't held it up that much in the past, when I got her out this morning to take pictures it was really standing up, too.
th.gif
Pleasepleaseplease tell me there's still hope!

Last edited:
It does look rather pink in the picture, but in real life it doesn't seem more red than some of my other definite pullets. Do EE pullet combs stay lighter for longer? I'm pretty sure it's definitely not as red as my BO cockerel's comb, although maybe with the different types of combs it's different? I will go out and look at it again. Thanks for your input!

I am a novice in this so my guess doesn't carry much weight but I still have an opinion so I'm going to say pullet.

During my first batch of chicks my Dad kept telling me to wait them out. They will either crow or bless you with an egg! There are some that you think are one or the other that can turn out to simply mature early and throw you for a loop. I think that is what Sneaky is doing.
I think Sneaky is a sneaky female becoming mature before her time and so it makes her shy.
big_smile.png

Of course I have been known to be wrong... once...but I was mistaken!!!
gig.gif

I am anxious to see how this turns out since I have 2 two week old EE's in the mudroom.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom