8-week Easter Egger "pullet" - is it actually? *Updated 10-week pics pg 3 - Boy or girl?*

Pics
OP, keep me posted on the outcome of your "girl". I too have 2, 10week old EEs that I am waiting to see what they are. I have been reading this thread to hear opinions. Thanks for the updates :)

I say girl. Her patterning is very even, comb might be redder but no real growth of the comb. The other black and white "girls" I'd keep an eye on. Patterning is funny. BUT, I had a girl who did look like that. She started getting salmon colored feathers on her chest, but nothing in her wings

I am a novice in this so my guess doesn't carry much weight but I still have an opinion so I'm going to say pullet.

During my first batch of chicks my Dad kept telling me to wait them out. They will either crow or bless you with an egg! There are some that you think are one or the other that can turn out to simply mature early and throw you for a loop. I think that is what Sneaky is doing.
I think Sneaky is a sneaky female becoming mature before her time and so it makes her shy.
big_smile.png

Of course I have been known to be wrong... once...but I was mistaken!!!
gig.gif

I am anxious to see how this turns out since I have 2 two week old EE's in the mudroom.

Last edited:
No expert but i would say pullet.I have a EE that has a large red comb i was scared another boy but she is a hen laying a mint green egg.Her comb is still bigger and redder than any of my other EE pullets.Almost as big as my roos. Have you found out for sure?

12-week update with new pics!

I'm thinking girl still, even though there are a few things that are still roo-ish. The tail seems to be steadily growing hen-feathers around the pointy original ones, and that comb just has not grown substantially since it got red. Body shape is kind of thin and not as filled-out as some of the hens, but then she hasn't really bulked up in the ways like Fred, my BO, has, either. And although her neck feathers are pointed, they aren't the skinny pointed hackle feathers that Fred has. And no saddle feathers poking out, either.

But I still would like to know your opinions, if you care to share.
smile.png
Enjoy the pics!

Comb

Side of face, comb, and neck feathers

Tail feathers

Back

Full body

Last edited:
Wordgirl- I still have NO idea what Sneaky is
idunno.gif
I'm still leaning every so slightly towards cockerel though. I was for sure we would know by now! The look in the eyes (aka the stank eye LOL) say roo. As do the stance and those curled tail feathers. But everything else still says pullet. Very curious bird you have there
th.gif
Hopefully someone else sees something I don't

Back
Top Bottom