8 week old chick has bloody poop

I dosed the adults with Valbazen. I checked and double-checked the dosage, but I got it wrong. I don’t even want to type what I gave them.

The dosage was .08 ml per pound. I gave them 1.5ml each thinking the dosage was .8ml.

Will they all die? Oh I feel so awful! I’ve given them this med before and did it right. I’ve been so frazzled lately. 😭
:hugsYes, the dose is a bit high.
I'd keep watch on them, but hopefully they won't show any ill effects.

I dosed the adults with Valbazen. I checked and double-checked the dosage, but I got it wrong. I don’t even want to type what I gave them.

The dosage was .08 ml per pound. I gave them 1.5ml each thinking the dosage was .8ml.

Will they all die? Oh I feel so awful! I’ve given them this med before and did it right. I’ve been so frazzled lately. 😭

I found this on an older thread. With this info I think your chickens will be alright. I’ve seen that albendazole and fenbendazole worming medications are very safe.
The median lethal dose in rats is 1500mg/kg. The dose you gave is no where near that, so she will be fine. :D
http://parasitipedia.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2513&Itemid=2786

-Kathy

How much do they weigh?

How much do they weigh?
I’m uncertain. They’re all full-grown. 3 are isa brown, two Easter eggers, 2 olive mixes (one who wouldn’t leave the nest today) and a rir rooster. Thankfully, the chicks weren’t very interested in the bread we used to put the meds on, so I was going to try again tomorrow.

I found it when I was freaking out as well. I’m praying they’re all okay.
Dont worry, they'll be fine. I use Valbazen monthly and have been for years. There's been a few times I've given more than I shouldve and nothing happened out of the ordinary.

Thank you everyone for being so patient with me. They are all alive. The adult chickens seem to be walking around with their mouths open quite a bit. The one with the strange wheeze (has had it for months now) seems a little louder today, but that could be the fact that I’ve been watching each one so closely these past couple of weeks. If this because of gapeworm, I believe the Valbazen will knock it out.

I think my chickens are very unhealthy right now, and I’m not sure what to do besides what I’ve been doing. Treating what I can, giving clean water and vitamins, I gave a couple small doses of VetRX for the adults earlier this week to see if the wheezing would calm. I’ve been cleaning the coop every day or two, all while trying to integrate the two groups.

The second picture is my Easter egger and her comb seems enflamed to me?

Also added a photo of the younger chickens. Looking better this week!

Attachments

• 65A3B788-14CB-418D-A90A-3CFECE9D67C0.jpeg
    65A3B788-14CB-418D-A90A-3CFECE9D67C0.jpeg
    560.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 902DCDE6-0AC1-4424-849A-E505880E848B.jpeg
    902DCDE6-0AC1-4424-849A-E505880E848B.jpeg
    466.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 2F284208-19C0-46BB-AA35-2CD90791BA19.jpeg
    2F284208-19C0-46BB-AA35-2CD90791BA19.jpeg
    513.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 784CA344-9ECA-43EE-AC65-7B4C05BBA8C2.jpeg
    784CA344-9ECA-43EE-AC65-7B4C05BBA8C2.jpeg