8 Wheaten/Barred Wheaten Shamo hatching eggs

Illia

Crazy for Colors
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Forks, WA
Up for auction here are 8 Shamo eggs. The parents are a Barred Wheaten male and a Wheaten female, giving you 50/50 odds of Barred Wheaten or Wheaten. These Shamos are of the O-Shamo variety, meaning they're the largest. My pair is from Jim Zook lines and are still young, but my stag is already 28 inches tall. Shamos are a slow growing breed, so it will take time for yours or even mine to completely fill out.

5404994941_92d04cb02b_o.jpg

5405010527_a72cba25bb.jpg

5405007257_9524cdcb19_z.jpg

5519156410_eab831f5dc_z.jpg

Shamos are an ancient breed of Oriental Gamefowl. Although they were originally bred for fighting, they are now very rare and a unique find! We love them for their absolute friendly behavior, despite their cruel expressions and towering height. The hens do not make any "egg songs," making this a quiet breed, while the roosters only crow when they feel it necessary. Their crows are very low pitched, and more pleasant to hear than most other roosters. They sound much like a dinosaur's roar!
Shamos are an APA recognized, heat-hardy breed as well as very intelligent, frequently broody, and very good foragers. Although mine live in a very cool, temperate climate, they fair very well. The stag is extremely friendly, will talk to you and follow you everywhere, allows you to pick him up or handle him whenever, and the pullet is pretty tame, too. Even our chicks, if handled rarely, are extremely friendly and non-flighty. Fertility here is an excellent 100%, and has so far carried to be at least 90% at a distance of 3 states away, however your experience may differ.

Shamos are an excellent choice for anyone who wants something different in their flock and/or who wants a great "pet" like chicken! We raise and breed ours for preservation and love of the breed, not for fighting.

These eggs will be shipped on Tuesday, March 22nd to the winning bidder. I take payments via Paypal, however if you do not have such, I accept Money Orders.

Back
Top Bottom