911 I need answers now!!!😭😭😭

I know cocci does have blood in the poop but really what else could it be other than,
A crop issue
Overheating which caused her insides to well.... the white stuff I guess
Or maybe the other chicks pecking her vent area? I doubt that since the pic of the butt you sent had no blood or anything- was that pic before the issues?
A crop issue is an idea.

194AEE7A-EDB5-47BF-A848-920F297FEC47.jpeg
This is the inside of the brooder, they shouldn’t have overheated we have had a early cool snap. I’m thinking it was probably coccidia but it’s poop wasn’t bloody. When our dog got it, it was terrible that is the most worst disease your pets could get. We watched our sweet baby girl just wither away and no matter how much fluids and food we had to force her to eat she just didn’t get better... so I am familiar and the chick had all the classic symptoms except the bloody poop. I just cleaned their water container really good.

I know cocci does have blood in the poop but really what else could it be other than,
A crop issue
Overheating which caused her insides to well.... the white stuff I guess
Or maybe the other chicks pecking her vent area? I doubt that since the pic of the butt you sent had no blood or anything- was that pic before the issues?
No that was after, I figured right in the heat of the moment that I needed to take a pic. It was scary to open the brooder and see it just stretched out😢

The fact that the chick was described as chilled and that the other chicks have been complaining makes me wonder if they are warm enough.

Seeing the brooder makes me wonder exactly how cold the 'cold snap' was, and if chilling may very well have been the cause of death.

One of my baby bantams has just had a seizure type thing, it is dripping clear whitish slimy stuff out of its butt and I think it is dead now... when I discovered it, it was still acting alive but it was cold and stiff but it was still blinking its eyes and moving it’s beak. Now it’s doing nothing!!😢😭 It is one of my first babies that hatched out of my last batch of eggs and I’m so devastated!! I was wondering if it’s coccidia?? I have no clue as to why it has done this! We haven’t had any problems with our chicks like this and we have only had one experience with coccidia and that was with a dog!

So sorry about your loss, we had a very similar thing happen with one of our chicks about a month ago... it was about 3 days old and white stuff was coming out of its mouth then it went stiff. Fortunately, none of our other chicks were affected by getting sick. I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom