9th-annual-byc-new-years-day-2018-hatch-a-long

Ok the chicks are about 17 days old. Will they do ok in the coop in their own cage with the MHP its gonna be 23° here tonight and 28° tomorrow night. Those are the coldest nights this week. Im kicking around the idea and think i just need some reassuance from yall if its ok or not.
There are 23 of them... and they are out growing the indoor brooder and the our door brooder is ready for them... just the temps here are crazy lol
You could do that with the premier 1 brooder plate. It will keep them warm to below freezing. As long as they can get to un frozen water they will be fine.
I do not know about the pad nest though. Brinsea plates cannot go down to near freezing temperatures.

yup ditto lol
I have less than 150 ...... I think???? who knows really with chicken math.
soon I will have to work on the subtraction part

Haha yea i started subtracting just before they all hatched, rehomed 10 chickens/roos/chicks...... but they still add up lol
There is a craigslist ad for some of the new ones too lol but i know they will still keep adding. My husband saw the ducks via video chat and was all about hatching a bunch more :thi put a hold on that order lol

You could do that with the premier 1 brooder plate. It will keep them warm to below freezing. As long as they can get to un frozen water they will be fine.
I do not know about the pad nest though. Brinsea plates cannot go down to near freezing temperatures.

I will just wait the 3 days out for the low 20° leave they may be a little better off in the mid 30° and up. My mom will just have to sleep in the room of 70somthing chicks lol

And I thought that my brooders were full! I have 14 left in the outside brooder and 22 in the inside brooder though some will be moving to the outside brooder in the next day or two. I managed to sell off 6 today and maybe 6 more in a few more days. Interest in chicks is suddenly spiking! I have a waiting list for eggs and chicks now lol. The rest of what n I have, I plan to raise out to replenish my breeding pens and relieve some older girls of duty.

Haha yea i started subtracting just before they all hatched, rehomed 10 chickens/roos/chicks...... but they still add up lol
There is a craigslist ad for some of the new ones too lol but i know they will still keep adding. My husband saw the ducks via video chat and was all about hatching a bunch more :thi put a hold on that order lol

I will just wait the 3 days out for the low 20° leave they may be a little better off in the mid 30° and up. My mom will just have to sleep in the room of 70somthing chicks lol
Good Plan!

Back
Top Bottom