A Bielefelder Thread !

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by faysel, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Dr Dow Ducks

Dr Dow Ducks New Egg

Feb 10, 2015
    We are out in WA state looking for some hatching eggs or chicks!! Anyone around here have any available now!?

Thanks, Becky

2. speedy2020

speedy2020 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    There is a person live south of Seattle have them so keep your eye on Seattle Craigslist. I loose my pullets so end up with roosters only.

3. elizmartin

elizmartin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    N.W. Washington
    Ask JBKirk - Sumas (pg 111), think she knows someone up north who raises them, Also Chickielady in Raymond has a few also but do not know the status……You can find her on the Washington thread……I would also post your asking there and maybe someone will answer.

4. jbkirk

jbkirk A Learning Breeder

I've been looking into getting some but don't have any yet...

5. elizmartin

elizmartin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    N.W. Washington
    Sorry, thought You may have known someone in northwest Washington that may have a few???? my bad……...

6. jbkirk

Does anyone know a somebody that lives in Whatcom County that has some?
    EDIT: Some of you guys ought to post a review on the breeds part of this website!!!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  7. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Well, I added the breed. Don't have pictures yet, so I would think anyone can upload them if they want to. https://www.backyardchickens.com/products/bielefelder
    I will do a review tomorrow.

8. jbkirk

9. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

10. DesertChic

DesertChic Overrun With Chickens

Nov 13, 2014
    Southern Arizona
    So disappointed....I bought a dozen Biel eggs from a fairly local breeder located in Scottsdale. She was very nice and gave me a tour of her farm so I could see her birds, but I guess I should have questioned her more carefully because off the 12+ eggs I bought, candling has shown that only 4 are actually fertile and she doesn't respond to my emails.

By comparison, I bought 8+ eggs on eBay from a breeder in Oklahoma. All 8 are fertile and developing nicely...and they were shipped through the mail!!!

Lesson learned...buyer beware and all that jazz. I just feel really sorry for anyone else who gets stiffed in dealing with her, especially since she's listing on eBay, Craig's List and the Rare Bird Auction. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by