A Bielefelder Thread !

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by faysel, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Ron Skekel

Ron Skekel Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    Wow that's a shame sorry she won't answer your calls. I would bend over backwards to keep people happy. It's one thing when shipping you can't controll how they are handled. But to pick them up and not be good eggs.reptutation is everything in poultry. Word will get around if she does this a lot. Hope you have a good hatch with the other eggs. Pam

1 person likes this.
  2. ChickCrazed

ChickCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2014
    Lebanon, Indiana
    I could understand someone not knowing their Rooster wasn't fertilizing all of the eggs, but a decent person would offer you replacements! It isn't like that would cost her anything and would help maintain her reputation. It is strange she isn't returning calls!

1 person likes this.
  3. elizmartin

elizmartin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    N.W. Washington
    If she was close enough to visit, does she sell chicks…..

4. ChinoChix

ChinoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Chino Valley, AZ
    My Coop
    I am having the same issues with this Biel egg seller. Three batches and only 3 birds and one is a breed I didn't order. She is also ignoring my emails. Buyer beware for sure. I have hatched many, many eggs that have been shipped with great results. And when I've had bad rates, the seller almost ALWAYS offers me more just to pay the shipping which is the right thing to do.
    I told her the same thing....reputation is EVERYTHING with selling eggs.

1 person likes this.
  5. DesertChic

DesertChic Overrun With Chickens

Nov 13, 2014
    Southern Arizona
    Not Biel chicks. She offered me as many Americauna cockerels as I could take off her hands, but she's only selling eggs for her more "exotic" birds.

6. Dull Hoe Farm

Dull Hoe Farm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2014
    I purchased three batches of eBay hatching eggs last year. One batch had a zero hatch rate and another only hatched one chick, the third batch hatched about 75% of the eggs. I ordered them during mild temperature seasons so extreme temps weren't an issue. Mail order hatching eggs is simply a risky business. But with a breed like the Bielefelder, its hard to find them locally so hatching eggs are about the best way to acquire a flock. I'm up and running now and selling hatching eggs on eBay each week. Since its cold weather, I insert a 72 hour heat pack in the shipping box. But once it leaves my hands there is no telling what the postal chain of handling might do.

7. ChinoChix

ChinoChix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Chino Valley, AZ
    My Coop
    Dull Hoe Farm, what is your Ebay name? I have bought Biel eggs from 5 people on Ebay since December and have had pretty decent hatches except for this one.

8. Ron Skekel

Ron Skekel Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Slidell,La
    That's sounds like a red flag why would she only sell eggs when you get more for chicks. I only sell eggs when my incubator is full. Pam

1 person likes this.
  9. Dull Hoe Farm

Dull Hoe Farm Out Of The Brooder

Dec 16, 2014
  10. Sill

Sill Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    With such a dismal hatch rate she should offer replacements.

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by