A Bielefelder Thread !

Subscribing. I got my Biel cockerel from @City farm. He's a sweet boy, clumsy and lanky as a teenager. He is doing well with the no-crow collar.

Hi jbkirk. In my recent hatch I was able to see in most of the eggs I had. It was my first time to candle. Some where darker than others so I couldn't tell what was going on in them. But for the most part I had no problems seeing inside. I used a small LED flashlight, 250 lumens.

Ok so 2 days in the week I have gotten 2 eggs..... One pullet is obvious she is laying with a nice red comb..... Is it possible the other is laying without the red red comb?  Her comb is still small and not really red like a layers comb.  

The answer is yes. Mine were both laying both had red combs. One stopped laying then became a little lethargic so I borought her in her comb was light red. She wasn't eating either . So I gave her two salt soaks and massages yesterday. She stayed in overnight no egg. More soaks and vitamin water with electrolights . This morning we have a egg her comb isn't dark red yet either. But she is eating and acting normal so I 'm happy. Pam

I'm glad she got better.
hugs.gif

Are the Bielefelder hens chatty? Are they comparable to any other in particular?
Anybody have real squawkers?

A good city/suburban bird?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I just put 2 dozen Bielefelder eggs in the incubator tonight. Now I wait...and wait...and hope....probably complain more than a little....and wait.....
roll.png

Patience really isn't one of my virtues but the chickens are helping me learn the patience that has never come naturally to me.

I just put 2 dozen Bielefelder eggs in the incubator tonight. Now I wait...and wait...and hope....probably complain more than a little....and wait.....
roll.png

Patience really isn't one of my virtues but the chickens are helping me learn the patience that has never come naturally to me.
Never pray that God will give you patience....because he'll give you trouble to help you learn patience!!!!

Back
Top Bottom