A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

So funny to hear all the crazy weather stories! We got maybe an inch to inch and half. Schools have been closed for two days now. And we have plows. We do have a lot of back roads here though. Back gravel roads. So I kind of get it but after xmas break trapped in the house with kids I was so happy school was starting. They went one day and boom-snow. Now onto second day of four day weekend thanks to what I consider a dusting.
Anyways I have gotten 5 turkey eggs now. After that first one we found in the grass the rest have been in the coop. And the lighter colored hen is laying down for me every time I get near her. She's totally in love. Follows me around now. Loves to be petted. Hope she stays this way now. I can actually pick her up and if ever needed to medicate or whatever I think it would be possible now. The dark hen hasn't layed down for me since that first day or two when we thought she was sick. She's still nervous around me and barley lets me get a hand on her. Just wanted to give ya an update on eggs and weather here. Hope everyone is staying warm and driving safely.

Closing school for 2 days with 1-2 inches of snow is nuts. Lots of townships and most people do not plow 2 inches of snow, we just drive over it and pack it down.

Even Snitch knows that!

In Billings, the city closest to me, they never bother to plow any secondary streets unless we get feet of snow. Only primary streets and highways. They expect us to dig ourselves the rest of the way.

Last edited:
In fact, neighborhoods will hire private snowplowers to come dig out residential areas during times when we get a foot or more of snow.

Closing school for 2 days with 1-2 inches of snow is nuts.    Lots of townships and most people do not plow 2 inches of snow, we just drive over it and pack it down.

Even Snitch knows that!

In Billings, the city closest to me, they never bother to plow any secondary streets unless we get feet of snow. Only primary streets and highways. They expect us to dig ourselves the rest of the way.

Were not QUITE that extreme around here. Everyone gets plowed out and salted, some Roads even pretreated when they know it's coming but we definitely don't get slowed down by that little. Our back road wasn't plowed this morning when we went up to the bus stop but all the main roads were packed/scraped down to about 1/4 inch.

Ralph, funny you mention snow plows. We had a few. But they weren't maintained correctly and apparently rusted pass the point of being used.

I'm convinced Snitch is an Ethel daughter. Remember how talkative she was. I think Snitch just gets excited to see you & has all kinds of stories to tell! :D. You need to sit with her & let her talk herself out! I know its beyond cold there, but if you can convert her to a lapper you'd stay pretty toasty in the barn!

Sparky, ya'll are just as hapless with snow & sleet as we are. And of course its going to be in the 60's next week.

Well Pearl escaped her coop today me and hubby went out to feed her and the dog ran in she flew over both of us we both tried catching her our arms in the air but that girl can fly,, she went into the bushes but Porter went and got her and brought her back , she is sticking around him and actually tucked her head into Porters feathers when Lily got jealous and tried to peck her,, she now seems to be Porters girl,, poor P. Jr was sitting in the rafters just staring at her he looks totally love struck but I don't think he has a chance his daddy already claimed her he tried getting near her and fluffing up and pushing his head towards her but she went to the other side of Big Porter who also is fluffed up as big as he can get.. Im sure she will be fine,,

Aww! She loves Big Daddy Porter. What a sweetl story! Turkeys are amazing. Sort of feel sorry for PJ.

Daisy took off & flew down my driveway, over the garage, and into my back yard. It was cool to see "tubby" fly so high and far! Geez they are loud when they fly. She will also fly by my head when I'm using the leaf blower. I think she hates it! But she'll fly right by me and actually make eye contact. Twerp!:rolleyes:

Coffee, Porter sounds like a really cool bird! Is he a tolorant? Does he hang out with you guys?

Back
Top Bottom