A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

For all the Turkey lovers, did you know that turkey have a cosine called Ocellated turkey, Meleagris ocellata?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocellated_turkey

[VIDEO]

This is every turkey lover's dream turkey lol. Unfortunately, they are super hard to find and even harder to keep alive.

For all the Turkey lovers, did you know that turkey have a cosine called Ocellated turkey, Meleagris ocellata?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocellated_turkey

[VIDEO]

This is every turkey lover's dream turkey lol. Unfortunately, they are super hard to find and even harder to keep alive.

Indeed, I saw this
http://www.softbillsforsale.com/sale/ocellated-turkey.asp

They ask 6000$ for a pair!
I think that I will pass this time! :lau

No, I didn't read all the previous posts, so I didn't know that.
And it doesn't matter that they have their own thread.
And I am sure that even that you discussed them in the past we always can discuss them again.
And I am also sure that you don't mind to see this wonderful birds again.
It does matter that they have their own threads. If you want more information on them, reading their own threads has valuable information in those threads.

I am thinking Judy needs help. I did not realize how much she despises the turkeys on the deck..

BTW I know Snitch was not on the deck, the rest were. Snitch was with me. I went and gathered eggs, and started the heat in the pole barn so I can work out there bare handed today.

While I was out there with Snitch, Judy was going to take a shower to go visit our grandkids.

For you that do not know this our deck is completely blocked from any other house or persons view, we are very secluded in that way. Just as she was crawling in the shower she saw the turkeys on the deck. She ran out naked with the leaf blower to get them off the deck.

It is 5 below here. This is not a smart thing to do, a persons bits can freeze in seconds. When Snitch and I came around the corner from the coop to see this, Snitch really went crazy! Even Snitch knows her obsession about her deck is unhealthy..

It gives a whole new level to the Minnesota Underwear coop run..

OMG Judy! :gig Well...at least she didnt run out there with a shot gun!

As a side note, happy to hear your spending quality time with Snitch! :)

I am thinking Judy needs help. I did not realize how much she despises the turkeys on the deck..

BTW I know Snitch was not on the deck, the rest were. Snitch was with me. I went and gathered eggs, and started the heat in the pole barn so I can work out there bare handed today.

While I was out there with Snitch, Judy was going to take a shower to go visit our grandkids.

For you that do not know this our deck is completely blocked from any other house or persons view, we are very secluded in that way. Just as she was crawling in the shower she saw the turkeys on the deck. She ran out naked with the leaf blower to get them off the deck.

It is 5 below here. This is not a smart thing to do, a persons bits can freeze in seconds. When Snitch and I came around the corner from the coop to see this, Snitch really went crazy! Even Snitch knows her obsession about her deck is unhealthy..

gig.gif
lau.gif

ep.gif

Judy is at our Grandkids today, when she left she asked me to try and figure out some way to keep the turkeys off the deck or something we can do to discourage them...

For the life of me I cannot think of anything we could do to keep them off the deck..

Back
Top Bottom