A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Feisty.....what breed is your 17 week tom? Maybe his name can have something to do with that. Charmed named my BR hen with a beard....Annie!

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Fiesty I think you should name him "Pat" after that character from Saturday night live that we never knew if it was a man or woman.. and everyone tried to find out by asking he/she questions..

Probably way before your time. BUT that way if your wrong and it turns into a girl again, you still have a name for it..

2 people like this.
  3. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast

I love it :lau Will run that past DH and try it out on turkey to see what he thinks!

4. feistychick

Jul 25, 2015

Well, that's the other part of the mystery - was sold to us as a narragansett but I think we're pretty sure he's a bronze. HIs best friend is our barred rock hen.....and they're adorable together.

5. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    I like Pat! I'm old enough to remember that on SNL. It was hilarious.

6. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014
    The Baby is thinking of making a run for it...

Ethel is aware of it though..

[​IMG]

7. memphis

Aug 6, 2012
    Does Ethel have just the one baby? She looks like a good moma. Both of my hens are still laying. How long will they lay? The Blue Slate, Daisy, gets really anxious. She paces & is is very vocal. Quite the drama queen. I put a dog crate with hay in the pen but she isn't interested in it. She almost layed the egg on my foot. Then ate dinner & took a nap. The Bourbon doesn't go through all of that. So what's up with all the drama?

8. duluthralphie

Jul 11, 2014

She had four, something happened to one when I let her out of the covered run. I now have her in an open run with heavy cover and 5 ft fences on the sides. Seem to be ok in there. There is another turkey hen in there with 6 chicks ( not poults). They sit near each other for the night. in 3-4 ft high weeds.

The other hen attacked me tonight when I walked through the weeds....One mean hen.. Good Mommy.

9. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

That's funny my turkey seems to be attached my Black Sex Link Hen, Lula. I got them at the same time. They follow each other around. When I had to catch Lula to treat the fleas, Big Bird got all fluffed out and displayed and made all kinds of noise. It was funny.

So I googled Narragansett and Bronze and the first things to come up are:
    Narragansett is a small town in Rhode Island. There is a Narragansett Indian tribe.
    Bronze age is also the called “Age of Heroes” because it is the source of the mythological heroes and epics like Hercules, the Iliad and the Odyssey. Maybe you could call him Hercules.

10. feistychick

Jul 25, 2015
    Ethel is a beautiful color, what kind of turkey is she? Her poult looks adorable peeking out from under!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by