A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

lau.gif

Did they jump down and become well behaved after you delivered your message??

Nope! They looked at me as if to raise the middle finger at me!

I tell you they are gangsters...

The theme song from that tv show "Cops" keeps running through my mind...."What ya gonna a do when your birds go bad"! Ralphie...they wanna go for a ride!

Well the babies have been flapping and bouncing off the walls of the brooder, so we took them outside today to play on the grass for a little bit. Now we have nice tired turks that are sleeping quietly in the brooder :) I can't believe how fast they are growing!

Ralph, you indeed have turkey gangsters. Adorable ones, but gangsters nonetheless.

I believe I have some hoodlum turkeys. Not quite as delinquent as gangster turkeys, but not well behaved either. They fly out of their pen and roost on the deck still. They hang out on the deck all day still. The hose is only an amusement to them now.
I really don't care, but the hubs sure does!

I really wish I would have had a camera with me two days ago! My daughter had a friend over and her parents came in the back yard to check out the turkeys. Dinner puffed up and strutted for a solid 5 minutes. He tried to make the drum sound, failed miserably, but kept on strutting! He was so beautiful!
He would stop when we petted to assure him everything was okay, but puff right back up the second our hands were off his feathers.
We figured he was letting them know (he has never seen them before) that it was his yard. That we were his people. Those were his turkeys and chickens. What do y'all think?!

Ralph, you indeed have turkey gangsters.  Adorable ones, but gangsters nonetheless. 

I believe I have some hoodlum turkeys.  Not quite as delinquent as gangster turkeys, but not well behaved either.  They fly out of their pen and roost on the deck still.  They hang out on the deck all day still.  The hose is only an amusement to them now.
I really don't care, but the hubs sure does!

I really wish I would have had a camera with me two days ago!  My daughter had a friend over and her parents came in the back yard to check out the turkeys.   Dinner puffed up and strutted for a solid 5 minutes.  He tried to make the drum sound, failed miserably, but kept on strutting!  He was so beautiful!
He would stop when we petted to assure him everything was okay, but puff right back up the second our hands were off his feathers.
We figured he was letting them know (he has never seen them before) that it was his yard.  That we were his people.  Those were his turkeys and chickens.  What do y'all think?!

I think I wish you'd had a camera - it would have been fun to see Dinner all puffed up and strutting. He must have been giving the "intruder alert" :D

Back
Top Bottom