A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Quote:
Better he has his way with an ice cream pail than to flatten a chicken.
lau.gif

These two are best buds - Turk will jump around Bessie until she chases him and then they run around until it's time for a drink. Her legs are a fraction of the length of his, but he runs slow enough that she can keep up :p

So this is the baby chick that came with my poults - does anyone have any idea what she/he is? Cute, but absolutely no idea what it could be.... Thanks for any insight!

I had a breeding "pair" this spring. I had one Tom with three hens in one pen and one tom with one hen in another.

I had to do this to keep my breeds pure. I had no problems.

I might have been lucky or it might have been ok.

Last year I had just a pair and they did fine.

BUT I much prefer more hens to one tom.

Hi if you have not seen this would you please take a minute and fill out this Poultry Census.

http://www.livestockconservancy.org/index.php/heritage/internal/north-american-poultry-census

I went there to fill it out,

but I never fill out something that requires my name and address.....

and it was way too complicated...

And I do not want my parole officer or the bail bondsman's skip agent to know where I live...

I hate telling the government anything about me

and..

This cannot be stressed too much. It is time for my Grandpa nap...

Quiet bunch here today/yesterday!

I had a major mishap yesterday. I saw Penguin sitting on the deck. He was the only turkey there. I went out to shoo him away. He got all excited and tried to leave. BUT his leg was caught between the planks on the deck and he ended up flopped over hanging by one leg. He was kicking and fighting it, I was afraid he had broken his leg. I have no idea how he got his leg in there. I managed to get ahold of him and slip him sideways off the deck sliding his leg out like we use to slide pop bottles out of the first coin machines. ( if any of you are old enough to remember them)..

For those of you not in the north or Midwest ( like you Floridians) pop it soda. coke etc......

Had Penguin broke his leg, and I had to put him down, my name would really be mud around here, especially after Cookie moved out. I get the feeling I am to blame for Cookie not being here, she understands we could not raise a lone turkey, but somehow it is my fault, I think.......

I wonder when I will get better at understanding her......

Back
Top Bottom