A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. royalpalm

royalpalm Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2015
    Bartoow fl
    I need a little advice, I started my farm only two months ago when I got the birds home I got an egg...great so in the hovabator it went next week two more OK awesome but a little late. Anyway day 28 for the first one and nothing so after 2 more days I did an eggtopsy bird under developed inside maybe only ten or eleven days developed, no worries right I got 2 more well one started smelling so I removed it and now the other one never even developed probably not fertile I guess all that to ask what's the best incubators for a small farm thanks for listening to my problem

2. chicapee

chicapee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2015
    Pass Christian, MS
    I am using a brinsea octagon 20 advance. It works really well.

Eta. I have hatched 3 royal palms out of 6 shipped eggs in it. It will hold 24 chick3n eggs.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  3. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    Nice pics. Ralphie and feisty chick.

Like the name you settled on "turkules"

Was in the pen this morning and one of the poults I hatched this spring is a tom. There was 4 qt icecream pail in the pen and decided to sow his wild oats with it.

A couple of the older toms were looking at him like boy you've got a lot to learn

4. feedman77

feedman77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013

I hatch in 3 different incubator. *1588 genesis. Brinsea 20 adv. And reptipro 6000.

I had all 3 give me good and terrible hatches this year. Mostly my fault I think with humidity.

Best and most consistent results came from the brinsea.

Brinsea and reptipro hold about 20 eggs each. The 1588 about 40.

My hopes were to sell enough to get a Dickeys cabinet but gonna have wait on that.

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I use farm innovators and farmking I think it is....

They both work equally well or poor. depending on what I do right or wrong.

6. royalpalm

Jul 12, 2015
    Bartoow fl
    Yea I believe it was a combo of late eggs and poor humidity, I have a hovabator, this is my first time hatching I am growing my farm hope to have a hundred birds by Dec. Thanks for all the input. Lol noone has ever answered my questions lots of love to my turkey folks[​IMG]

7. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast

Oh lord, so that's what I have to look forward to - no old toms to teach him anything here! He had enough trouble learning how to strut and gobble, I think I'll have to ban icecream pails just in case he gets any ideas lol :)

1 person likes this.
  8. royalpalm

Jul 12, 2015
    Bartoow fl
    I also want to start a network of people all over so we can help one another with sells buying birds that's hard to find and so one if we don't have each other we don't have nothing God bless all of you

9. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    Love it! They are strutting their stuff :) Is Penguin the little black one toward the end of the video?

10. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Ralph your turkey are very pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by