A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

I need a little advice, I started my farm only two months ago when I got the birds home I got an egg...great so in the hovabator it went next week two more OK awesome but a little late. Anyway day 28 for the first one and nothing so after 2 more days I did an eggtopsy bird under developed inside maybe only ten or eleven days developed, no worries right I got 2 more well one started smelling so I removed it and now the other one never even developed probably not fertile I guess all that to ask what's the best incubators for a small farm thanks for listening to my problem

Nice pics. Ralphie and feisty chick.

Like the name you settled on "turkules"

Was in the pen this morning and one of the poults I hatched this spring is a tom. There was 4 qt icecream pail in the pen and decided to sow his wild oats with it.

A couple of the older toms were looking at him like boy you've got a lot to learn

I need a little advice, I started my farm only two months ago when I got the birds home I got an egg...great so in the hovabator it went next week two more OK awesome but a little late. Anyway day 28 for the first one and nothing so after 2 more days I did an eggtopsy bird under developed inside maybe only ten or eleven days developed, no worries right I got 2 more well one started smelling so I removed it and now the other one never even developed probably not fertile I guess all that to ask what's the best incubators for a small farm thanks for listening to my problem

I hatch in 3 different incubator. *1588 genesis. Brinsea 20 adv. And reptipro 6000.

I had all 3 give me good and terrible hatches this year. Mostly my fault I think with humidity.

Best and most consistent results came from the brinsea.

Brinsea and reptipro hold about 20 eggs each. The 1588 about 40.

My hopes were to sell enough to get a Dickeys cabinet but gonna have wait on that.

Yea I believe it was a combo of late eggs and poor humidity, I have a hovabator, this is my first time hatching I am growing my farm hope to have a hundred birds by Dec. Thanks for all the input. Lol noone has ever answered my questions lots of love to my turkey folks

Nice pics. Ralphie and feisty chick.

Like the name you settled on "turkules"

Was in the pen this morning and one of the poults I hatched this spring is a tom. There was 4 qt icecream pail in the pen and decided to sow his wild oats with it.

A couple of the older toms were looking at him like boy you've got a lot to learn

Oh lord, so that's what I have to look forward to - no old toms to teach him anything here! He had enough trouble learning how to strut and gobble, I think I'll have to ban icecream pails just in case he gets any ideas lol :)

I also want to start a network of people all over so we can help one another with sells buying birds that's hard to find and so one if we don't have each other we don't have nothing God bless all of you

Back
Top Bottom