A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

That's Okay. Grandpa Ralphie can teach you to saddle a horse...... We can have you married off before the age the Quakers would have thought you too old to get married. BUT we have to rush!!

lau.gif

For those of you with legbars, and I am asking this here because I do not want the drama a simple question can bring on the legbar threads....

Have any of you noticed your eggs look bluer in the nest or low light than in direct sunlight. I can think I have a basket of nice ones and when I get outside they are blue, but have a greenish tinge.. Today's looked more blue than those I just moved to the hatcher from 3-4 weeks ago.. It becomes confusing to us old peoples....

Lighting does make a difference in color perception. I find that my bluest eggs look their best in bright sunlight. But then I always wear photograys which also affects what a color looks like.

Lighting does make a difference in color perception. I find that my bluest eggs look their best in bright sunlight. But then I always wear photograys which also affects what a color looks like.

Interesting. These were so blue in the coop and when I got them out they were blue but not that robin egg blue. I was thinking about you at that time, because of eggs you wanted to get.

That's Okay. Grandpa Ralphie can teach you to saddle a horse...... We can have you married off before the age the Quakers would have thought you too old to get married. BUT we have to rush!!
lau.gif
For those of you with legbars, and I am asking this here because I do not want the drama a simple question can bring on the legbar threads.... Have any of you noticed your eggs look bluer in the nest or low light than in direct sunlight. I can think I have a basket of nice ones and when I get outside they are blue, but have a greenish tinge.. Today's looked more blue than those I just moved to the hatcher from 3-4 weeks ago.. It becomes confusing to us old peoples....
I don't need to get married yet lol! Ralphie I noticed that with all 10 of the eggs my one hen laid. They were beautiful in the coop but dull outside when I tried to take pics.

Stephcraig...seriously, you ought to go over to Porters site & play around on the calculator. It will give you an idea of what you can produce.

Florescent, incandescent, natural daylight all affect color differently. Some lighting is warm hued, some cool. The eggs shade of blue will change depending on the light you are viewing them in.

I like the varying shades of blue and green, so I will set both and see what I get. But yes, I agree that it depends on the lighting. Ralphie, I feel like I'm the only one responding lately on the legbar thread! Where are you? I'm insecure!

I a wondering if I got onto the wrong legbar thread somehow.

There are a lot of them. I think I've got like 3 that I'm subscribed to, and I don't watch the new feeds because I am on mobile app and that's just too much work. Lately there haven't been people there, others come in posting their birds and then I give my humble and biased opinion, but I used to expect someone to yay or nay it.

Nothing!

So get back on there if you aren't on the legbar thread anymore. Or, just tell me the now active ones and I'll join them.

There are a lot of them. I think I've got like 3 that I'm subscribed to, and I don't watch the new feeds because I am on mobile app and that's just too much work. Lately there haven't been people there, others come in posting their birds and then I give my humble and biased opinion, but I used to expect someone to yay or nay it.

Nothing!

So get back on there if you aren't on the legbar thread anymore. Or, just tell me the now active ones and I'll join them.

I am like you I have a few of them. I just go when someone posts on them. If I am kind of busy I never respond just read.

Back
Top Bottom