A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

King Arthur! Good name Coffee! He's handsome!

Ralph...your toads are amazing. Hard to believe they are the same age.

Holy cow Ralphie, do you have to feed them protein shakes and crickets?

I feed everything this time of the year Game bird starter. I want the higher protein in my show birds for feather, bone and internal organ development. The Toads do not seem to eat like a CX. When I look in on them they are either sleeping or playing like real chicks.

They are great foragers though, I would not want to be an ant or grasshopper in their yard.

Ralph - those toads are huge! And darn you for this new name I seem to have inherited - what's up with that????

Coffee - your new boy is beautiful, love his name!

Memphis - good grief, what's up with the storms?

I am so done with winter.... pretty sure that my birds are also done with winter lol. They haven't been outside for days - they have the option, but choose to avoid the "white stuff". We have sunshine this afternoon, but apparently another system is rolling in and we can expect more snow. There are like 2 snowplows in the city, and they are not able to keep up with what Mother Nature is dishing out :).

Sorry fiesty, the new name was my fault. My stupid tablet decided to autocorrect fiesty to fishy and I guess it's been adopted. I did fix that post but not before Ralph saw it..

Ralph - those toads are huge! And darn you for this new name I seem to have inherited - what's up with that????

Coffee - your new boy is beautiful, love his name!

Memphis - good grief, what's up with the storms?

I am so done with winter.... pretty sure that my birds are also done with winter lol. They haven't been outside for days - they have the option, but choose to avoid the "white stuff". We have sunshine this afternoon, but apparently another system is rolling in and we can expect more snow. There are like 2 snowplows in the city, and they are not able to keep up with what Mother Nature is dishing out
smile.png

Sorry fiesty, the new name was my fault. My stupid tablet decided to autocorrect fiesty to fishy and I guess it's been adopted. I did fix that post but not before Ralph saw it..

You two have to be fast to get one by me! I never thought you may not have seen it when Aurora wrote it. That takes some of the fun out of it.
gig.gif

I took another Blue into the barn, She has a bad foot/leg and the Toms were not leaving her alone. When I got her in the barn that stupid Legbar rooster decided he was in love again. I had to chase him away a few times. She ended up standing right next to Bert and he protected her. He is so much bigger than her side by side, I wish I would have had my phone with.

I need to get rid of Toms. I think on Friday when it warms up again, I will lock everyone up and tag the keepers in red and those leaving in green. A green tag means Go, not a good thing for a Tom.

Memphis is solely responsible for the one going....(chanting) Doom Doom Da Doom....

These goofy little turkey poults keep trying to escape the brooder! I blocked the opening with a window screen but they sit there, stare up at it, wind up and take a leap for it lol. They can't make it yet but I know it won't be long. They had no trouble getting out before I put the screen there. I really hope one of them is a boy. Both are super sweet :)

Miss Mary has been spending a good bit of time in the nest box over the past couple days. I'm not sure if she just being lazy when laying her eggs or if she's considering going broody already... Its WAY too early in the season to be dealing with that right now. Plus, I have orders for eggs. She can go broody in a couple months, not yet!

Ralph - sorry to ruin your fun lol, I didn't see the original post :). Your rooster sounds like he's just a player (and perhaps a bit species-confused), he needs to leave the turkey hens alone! You getting in any lap time with Snitch?

Aurora - we need more baby pictures if you've got poults running around :D

Ralph - sorry to ruin your fun lol, I didn't see the original post
smile.png
. Your rooster sounds like he's just a player (and perhaps a bit species-confused), he needs to leave the turkey hens alone! You getting in any lap time with Snitch?

Aurora - we need more baby pictures if you've got poults running around
big_smile.png

Not a lot, the weather has been cold here and I have so much I want to get done when it is fit to be out in.

The rooster is weird. He is just a barn pet, he was my show CLB cockerel last fall but he lost the ends of the toes on one foot and his comb so now he has no useful purpose.

That so ruins it that she fixed it before you saw it ,,I so wanted to call you "Fishy" forever!

Fiesty....thought you saw the fishy post. It was pretty funny!

I hate to say this, but we set a record today....it was 80 degrees. By Thursday the high will only be 40. Weird weather. But my daffodils are blooming!

Ralph, sounds like your pet rooster feels "entitled ". I wish I could take one of your toms. Put a potential lapper in a dog crate & fly him down here. I think you need to become a poult pusher like Aurora. Seems to me several of the folks on the Surviving MN could use a nice lap/hand warmer.....

Back
Top Bottom