A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Fiesty....thought you saw the fishy post. It was pretty funny!

I hate to say this, but we set a record today....it was 80 degrees. By Thursday the high will only be 40. Weird weather. But my daffodils are blooming!

Ralph, sounds like your pet rooster feels "entitled ". I wish I could take one of your toms. Put a potential lapper in a dog crate & fly him down here. I think you need to become a poult pusher like Aurora. Seems to me several of the folks on the Surviving MN could use a nice lap/hand warmer.....

Coffee is the turkey pusher now. She talks about how much she likes her turkeys over just regular chickens all the time.

Sorry for so many questions. I will only ask one more for tonight. What does the feed consist of? Thanks

Last edited:
Sorry for so many questions. I will only ask one more for tonight. What does the feed consist of? Thanks

That's a good question, I picked it based on nutrients and not ingredients, it is a pellet, I thought they would waste less and the chickens do but not the turkeys,

It is 23% protein as I recall.

The turkeys might waste less mash than the pellets. I am trying to cut waste. I hate cleaning coops to throw out half the feed I paid for.

Last edited:

That's a good question, I picked it based on nutrients  and not ingredients, it is a pellet, I thought they would waste less and the chickens do but not the turkeys,

It is 23% protein as I recall.

The turkeys might waste less mash than the pellets.  I am trying to cut waste. I hate cleaning coops to throw out half the feed I paid for.

Thanks I'm looking into getting a different feed.

Back
Top Bottom