A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    I no longer have any turkey. It was a very sad day in some ways but at least I know some wonderful people have taken them home with them.
    [​IMG]

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

We can fix that is you want, just drive north hand I can load you up, I am sure the turkeys would rather go with you than the Asian mafia woman. Beside you might not make them ride in a plastic lined trunk...

MM Trust me on the pictures, After all we have been BFF's forever now...............

3. mountain mom

mountain mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    I trust your opinion oh wise Ralph. I could never go against my BFF. Would hate to see what happens to my picture at the bar... or worse, my stool!

I hope Turkules is on the mend. How are you faring with your entire state being on fire, Feisty?
    We actually have a lot of smoke here in Colorado from it. Hope y'all can breathe!
    The babies are too cute too. I love baby turkeys.

4. mountain mom

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    Chickadoodles, why did you send off all your turkeys?!
    You may have told us why at some point and I just don't remember...

5. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Thanks for the offer Ralph.

MM My Dr. told me to take it easy my CHF is building to much fluid and it's getting harder to keep the fluid off. So I re homed all my turkey.
    We kept the chickens and they will be DH's chore.
    I will miss them!

6. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Yeah...what up with the mass turkey exodus Chickennoodles?
    MM....thought I recognized an aussie!
    [​IMG]

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Ahhh....

Now at the risk of sounding as dumb as I am. What is a CHF?

Did you tell him how much the turkeys help keep you balanced and relaxed?

8. mountain mom

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    That is exactly where Ajax is now! You breed them, right? Aussie and Border Collie are my two favorite.

I believe it is Congestive Heart Failure.

Sorry your turkeys had to go Chickadoodles!! Relax and get your CHF under control.

9. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Thanks, and yes it is congestive heart failure. And between that and my COPD coronary artery disease I have to get things under control. I hope you all will keep posting pics of your turkey for me to admire. On the up side I still have the chickens to play with. [​IMG]

10. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    Take a morning to sleep in a bit - and then I have to catch up on all the chatter lol.

It is terribly smoky here today, probably sketchy air quality. There are fires burning everywhere in the state except where we are (thankfully), but all the smoke is blowing in here. We're right on the north coast. Had to break down and water a little patch grass so the birds had somewhere to graze. Looks awesome, one little patch of kinda-green on 7 acres of brown and crunchy :)

Turkules is about the same today, I let him out for a bit and he's happily munching on fallen plums. The wing looks the same as yesterday, and he's not very chatty today but he's moving around fine. I don't want to bind his wing yet, it's pretty muggy out and I wouldn't want him to overheat. I'll keep an eye on him and take it day by day.

@ chickadoodles - we'll be happy to keep providing turkey pics and turkey adventure stories lol. I hope you'll continue to lend your turkey experience to those of us who are newbies.

@ MM - I love both pics of Dinner, you should definitely submit one for the calendar! He's turned into such a pretty boy.

I love having baby turks, they are such a blast to watch on their adventures. It's funny how they seem to have adopted DH as "mama". They like to sit on both of us, but they follow him around if they are loose.

We'd better get to building some bigger winter accommodations since the poultry crew is growing. Thankfully winter doesn't usually hit here until late November, so I can procrastinate for another week or two!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by