1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. mountain mom

mountain mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    How funny! Poor dog didn't know what was coming!

Well, honestly I didn't know the keurig came with a pot! I never looked much into it. I saw the single servings, and thought, "NO WAY". And cold coffee is good. I throw an ice cube or two in the cup and it is refreshing. Now, don't get me wrong, I would never drink cold coffee in the winter. In fact, I reheat my coffee so often when it is cold outside, I am likely going to die from microwaves. I also forget it in the microwave. Then it gets cold. Then I have to reheat it again.

2. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Me too!

3. mountain mom

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    At least I am not the only one!

Dinner is outside gobbling like crazy. He is mad I have not let him "out". He can get out, he just likes me to open the gate.
    Now Tomahawk is out there singing. Guess it is time to pay attention to my kids that are more needy than my human variety.

4. duluthralphie

What do you call this turkey?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. duluthralphie

And this one...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry the pictures are so bad, My birds are all camera shy.

6. duluthralphie

Here are pictures of Penguin.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast
    Ralphie those birds are beautiful! Penguin is getting so big.

8. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    Take a deep breath and have an extra cup. I love the smell of coffee too and with all this coffee talk, I may have to make some for myself! I used to be addicted to it but I am affected so strongly by the caffeine that it had an opposite effect with me. A cup of coffee would actualy overload my system and make me fall asleep lol. Then I'd wake up with extreme energy. I quit drinking it cold turkey and suffered through extreme caffeine headaches for a week. So now, I only drink it on occasion. My husbands drinks it everyday and we use a percolator on the stove. It smells HEAVENLY! I'm not a fan of the Keurig either. My dad has one that I use when I'm there for hot chocolate. My problem with it is that the little dispoable k cups don't biodegrade (or take forever) and with so many people using them.... but, I'll keep that can of worms closed lol
    Looks like a Bourbon red :)

9. mountain mom

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    They are so pretty Ralph! And Penguin is getting to be quite the handsome chap.
    The second one you posted sort of looks like JJ and Ethel, right? I dunno. I suppose with your birds you could end up with anything!

10. duluthralphie

JJ and Ethel have dark blue spots this one does not.

The one Aurora called a bourbon red.

But MM you are right, I can have nearly anything according to the list R2elk posted. That is why I asked. I have to strange poults to take pictures of but they are with Ethel and she does not like me too close to her babies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by