A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Ralph, good thing we have R2Elk here to figure out the calculator! I can't do it either. And I also have no idea what types of turkeys are what. I know some very basics.

I am enjoying a nice cold glass of wine this evening as I watch the turkeys play with the dog and kids.
Really, I can't believe my aunt had such mean turkeys. She must have beat them and told them they were worthless and ugly. They used to be so aggressive to us (even as big kids!).
Thankfully, Ralph has shown me the turkey light!

So, thank you oh wise turkey sage Ralphie, my BYC BFF
bow.gif
(Even if you can't tell what breeds JJ and Ethel are producing...)

It appears JJ and Ethel are the magical pair that can produce just about any turkey type there is..

I got lucky with them..

BTW I caught Sidekick, and I held and petted him today. He did not like it and left a present on the deck where I was holding him.

So I currently feed my chickens purina flock raiser. I'm getting turkeys on Monday. Is it alright to feed this to the turkeys as well so I don't have to buy two different types of feed? I would offer oyster shells on the side as I will have boys of both varieties.

Last edited:
So I currently feed my chickens purina flock raiser. I'm getting turkeys on Monday. Is it alright to feed this to the turkeys as well so I don't have to buy two different types of feed? I would offer oyster shells on the side as I will have boys of both varieties.
if the turkeys you are getting are adults won't be a problem. I feed my turkeys purina flockraiser and they do fine.

Back
Top Bottom