A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast

It's nice when they do what you want them to!

2. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA

Lol, glad some of them are going in their own for you :) lately, mine have been following me around starting at about 6,wanting their evening snack and tucked in lol. I always throw a couple shops of food in their dish around 7 and put it in their coop for them. Of course, they follow me into the coop to get the dish, back to the garage while I fill it up, then back in the coop to devour it and hop up to roost. I haven't tested them yet to see if they'll go on on their own. ...yet

3. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler extrodinaire Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    Oh. Please do not get me wrong. They do not go in on their own. They just stand around in front of the door waiting for us to make them go in, so they can grumble at the way we treat them.

1 person likes this.
  4. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    memphis I just boiled them for 12 minutes same as chicken and my DH likes them.

5. feistychick

feistychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2015
    Northern Washington coast

Poor, poor turkeys.....you MUST go into your warm, safe shelter :lol:

6. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    Thanks Chickadoodles! They turned out great. Mixed in their yolks with the chicken egg yolks & made some great deviled eggs for the party tomorrow.

And my girls are getting pretty good about going in & out of the coop. As long as I shake their cup of BOSS they will follow me anywhere. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  7. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Your welcome. Oh I should have told you earlier to peel fresh eggs I put one or two at a time in a glass-glass with a little water and shake vigerously for a few seconds then just grab the peel and it comes off easy in one peice. I saw it on Face Book and I tried it! I hated boiled fresh eggs before I saw that videw. [​IMG]

Have a nice time at the party tomorrow.

8. Auroradream26

Auroradream26 Smothered in Feathers Premium Member

May 14, 2013
    Central, PA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what happens when I attempt to lounge in the hammock with a book. I swear, this boy is persistent about his lovins and attention! He'll even poke and peck at my arms with his break until I put them in the right place (cradling him). Such a spoiled brat!

2 people like this.
  9. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

OMG! I love that he trusts you and I wants to be with you! That is very special.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  10. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] This is Turkey boy, Charlie, formerly known as Grace. He is standing with Cha-cha, the one footed bantam. The size difference is really apparent, but Cha-cha is still in charge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by