A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

OK, I really want a female turkey. I love Charlie, but he is going to get lonely. And I want turkey eggs.
How can I be sure I get a girl next time? Anyone live in driving distance to me that has a hen?
ChaCha made it through the night. I call her ChaCha because she has one foot. She showed up limping with a bloody nub for a right foot at the auto repair shop next to my office. I brought her home and she pecked her way to the top. She is a Super chicken.Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
Wow...ChaCha has quite the story. Poor little gal. We are all rooting for her! Hoping you find a few sweet hens!

I witnessed one of the funniest things last night during Poultry Prime Time.

Banshee was running around with his wings and tail out going in circles and backing up, going back in circles. He looked like a little boy pretending to be an airplane. He would tip his wings up and down and his tail was too. There were also some funny skip hops in there with all the running. I was cracking up.

After his display, Tomahawk flew over to hang out with him. Dinner was p-oed. Did Banshee do some sort of mating dance?!

My BBB "try" to fly. They run flapping there wings like you describe. They even can get 8 inches into the air for 3 feet or so. I tell them they are jumping not flying. They disagree.

We had Creamed turkey over egg noodles last night Blue tasted great! It was entirely my fault and the things that happened here that made her dry the first day.

Dinner has a right to be PO'd. He is not as lucky as the rest.

I have my IPhone in a bag of rice now.

I have been thinking of getting a new one, Mine is an old IPhone 4.

I thought about opening it, but not sure how to do that.
I would not know either. youtube has videos that can help with that I'm sure. My daughter watched on on how to replace her broken screen.
She said it was pretty easy.

Maybe Banshee was doing a turkeys version of a "Happy Dance". Or maybe he had his earphones in and was break dancing to something.

I have a molt question. Starting to find a few turkey features here & there. Do turkeys do a hard molt? What part of their body looses feathers first? I'm used to hard chicken molts.

Maybe Banshee was doing a turkeys version of a "Happy Dance". Or maybe he had his earphones in and was break dancing to something.

I have a molt question. Starting to find a few turkey features here & there. Do turkeys do a hard molt? What part of their body looses feathers first? I'm used to hard chicken molts.

YES!!

I have so many turkey feathers on the ground, I actually looked for signs of predators or a dead bird! JJ is completing his molt, He is starting to look good again. Ethel is just starting hers. I am not sure what the deal is with Sidekick, he looks good and has not seemed to molt. I think "stupid B****" has completed hers. She looks better than has in a long while. Now if she only learned to behave!

Last edited:
So I guess my two haven't really started molting yet. Never seen a naked turkey before. Yipes!! Ralph...did you get rid of the guineas yet?

Back
Top Bottom