A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by duluthralphie, Apr 5, 2015.

1. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

My turkey is super old. Her names Turkeybird, she's like a typical grumpy old lady. When our chickens were still chicks she let them run around her legs and eat her food, she liked them. Now that there teens she is always grumpy toward them except for my one Sumatra that looks like her because they both have black feathers. [​IMG]

2. memphis

memphis Overrun With Chickens

Aug 6, 2012
    I think turkey molting pictures could be pretty funny! I think we should start posting naked turkey pics!! In fact...we out to send naked turkey pics to the calendar folks for their "other than chickens" calendar! ! :D

3. charmedbaker

charmedbaker Chillin' With My Peeps

I love this idea! Lol! :)

4. CherMoz

CherMoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2014
    South Central Wisconsin
    I'd love to see a picture of Turkeybird especially if you have one of her with the chicks!

5. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota

Nope. I have the worst behaved one in jail. He is actually on death row as we speak. He is going through the appeal process now, but it is not looking good for him. The other Criminal escaped, which has extended the one on deaths rows execution date out, as I need him to testify against the other one, before I find him guilty too.

6. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    What does guinea taste like?......besides chicken.

7. duluthralphie

duluthralphie Chicken Wrangler Premium Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Orrock township, Minnesota
    I have no idea, I have never eaten one before. I was told it is like pheasant.

8. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

I will try to get a pic of her when I think of it. [​IMG]

9. R2elk

R2elk Overrun With Chickens

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Properly processed and prepared guinea really tastes very similar to chicken but with a lot more flavor. To me chicken breast is pretty bland but guinea breast is really tasty and delicious.

I would eat more guineas but the demand for them is too great and I never get to keep any extras.

1 person likes this.
  10. mountain mom

mountain mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2013
    Colorado
    Ralph your guineas have been on death row for quite some time... Or at least in juvi, then regular jail, then solitary, now death row. Criminals.

I do believe you also suggested I go for the free guineas last winter... SO GLAD I DIDN'T!!! Well, if I had, I would likely have a freezer full of 15 guineas.
    I have a very severe judicial system here.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by