A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100.

Well, I'm convinced that the turkeys not only understand us, but that they understand what their boundaries are supposed to be. I just walked out on the deck and one of my BR teen toms was hanging out closer to the house than he's supposed to be. When I yelled at him, he ran, flapping his wings all the way back to the areas they're supposed to hang out. And one of the RP hens had to yell at me while standing on one of my trailers. I think she was saying she's allowed to be there.:confused:

They are like 5 year olds. They know exactly where they can and can't be....They also are constantly pushing those limits. Of course, if you live with someone that hates them being on the deck......and you give them treats for coming up on the deck,,,,

,,,, it might confuse the turkeys, However, it is great fun to watch the "anti-turkeys on the deck" person going apepoop crazy over the turkeys that never seem to learn to stay off the deck,,,,,
imageskkkk.jpg

Well, I'm convinced that the turkeys not only understand us, but that they understand what their boundaries are supposed to be. I just walked out on the deck and one of my BR teen toms was hanging out closer to the house than he's supposed to be. When I yelled at him, he ran, flapping his wings all the way back to the areas they're supposed to hang out. And one of the RP hens had to yell at me while standing on one of my trailers. I think she was saying she's allowed to be there.:confused:

My turkey comes in the house all the time, so that's not really a problem I have. :p But I am pretty sure your turkeys know exactly what they are doing. :)

I planted chicken eggs today...
So beings I was in the incubator I decided to candle my 9 turkey eggs,,,,,,,something I never do.......... I have one for sure started...That's it. However, at one week, even finding one is a miracle. I will check them in another 18 days and see how they are doing..

I'm keeping my fingers crossed those bug eyed babies hatch Ralphie!

Guineagirl1000....do you have a house turkey?

Daisy was such a happy girl yesterday. Got home before dark and had a chance to take them for a stroll before bedtime. And low & behold....one 8 year old girl on a bike came cruising by. She stopped, Daisy acted like a silly puppy. She hasn't had a chance to interact with a kid in forever! I've seen this kid riding by, slowly, before. But seems I've always been yapping with neighbors & never paid attention to her. Yesterday it was just me & the girls. So she stopped. She's shy but Daisy quickly brought her out of her shell. Annie of course had to thourouly inspect her bike. Like Aurora, Romeo & the girl scouts....kids love a turkey!! Especially a big cuddly one. And Daisy got her kid fix.

Daisy was such a happy girl yesterday. Got home before dark and had a chance to take them for a stroll before bedtime. And low & behold....one 8 year old girl on a bike came cruising by. She stopped, Daisy acted like a silly puppy. She hasn't had a chance to interact with a kid in forever! I've seen this kid riding by, slowly, before. But seems I've always been yapping with neighbors & never paid attention to her. Yesterday it was just me & the girls. So she stopped. She's shy but Daisy quickly brought her out of her shell. Annie of course had to thourouly inspect her bike. Like Aurora, Romeo & the girl scouts....kids love a turkey!! Especially a big cuddly one. And Daisy got her kid fix.
you know this is totally normal for us, but I think about where you live... city folk... I can just image poor kid going home and telling mom she cuddled with a turkey and a city person's reaction.:lau

Yes he is a house turkey in a way. I don't let him in the house all the time though because he HATES my dog, but I let him in very often, daily maybe. My pet guinea fowl named Kumquat also comes in the house. The chickens love the house, to but I only let them in sometimes. Tweety Bird my bantam comes in just about whenever I am in the house though. :)

Is Daisy a dog and Annie a Turkey? read your post and am little confused.

I planted chicken eggs today...
So beings I was in the incubator I decided to candle my 9 turkey eggs,,,,,,,something I never do.......... I have one for sure started...That's it. However, at one week, even finding one is a miracle. I will check them in another 18 days and see how they are doing..

That is so cool! I hope most or all of them hatch, be sure to keep us informed.

Back
Top Bottom